Case 1835c hydrolic problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Biginner

I have an older Case 1835C uniloader. It was working great for about 4 months. Then one day while moving some dirt the joysticks started feeling weak untill everything stopped responding. The fluid level is good. No leaks. The pump seams to work because when i start it up it will move forward and back for about 10 yards. Then give out. The bucket controls get no response. If i keep holding the joysticks forward or back, the machine will make a squeeling noise on and off and each time the machine squeals I'll jolt forward or back for a second. Can this be air in the system?

Gearclash

Oil level isn't low. I will be changeing the filters. I know where the big main filter is located.is there more filters than that one?
Sounds like the tandem gear pump is either not getting oil or is not turning. One of the tandem pumps charges the hydro pumps, the other runs the arms/bucket. I doubt that plugged filters will do this. Are there any warning lights illuminated? If the filter/s are loaded there should be a warning light for that, also for low charge pressure coming from the pumps.

OP
OP
B

Biginner

Sounds like the tandem gear pump is either not getting oil or is not turning. One of the tandem pumps charges the hydro pumps, the other runs the arms/bucket. I doubt that plugged filters will do this. Are there any warning lights illuminated? If the filter/s are loaded there should be a warning light for that, also for low charge pressure coming from the pumps.
No warning lights. I let it run for about 10 min and kept pushing the joysticks forward and managed to studder/drive it to my driveway about 300 feet away. It seemed that the warmer the machine/oil got the better response i get from the drive. The bucket stays limp... no response.

Gearclash

No warning lights. I let it run for about 10 min and kept pushing the joysticks forward and managed to studder/drive it to my driveway about 300 feet away. It seemed that the warmer the machine/oil got the better response i get from the drive. The bucket stays limp... no response.
I'm going to guess the spline coupling failed between the front hydro and the tandem gear pump. That would = no loader hydraulics and almost no hydro ability.

OP
OP
B

Biginner

Will check that out today.
So... small update. The coupler is fine. Yesterday when i drove the skidsteer to my driveway 300 feet away, the whole way the machine jerked on and off and i slowly got the the driveway. Today the diveing lever respond perfectly. The bucket and arms are still limp. At this point I'm 99% sure its air in the system. At one point i managed to jack up the bucket a bit and then pushed the tilt lever and got a small response, then nothing again. How would i go about bleeding the system?

Gearclash

So... small update. The coupler is fine. Yesterday when i drove the skidsteer to my driveway 300 feet away, the whole way the machine jerked on and off and i slowly got the the driveway. Today the diveing lever respond perfectly. The bucket and arms are still limp. At this point I'm 99% sure its air in the system. At one point i managed to jack up the bucket a bit and then pushed the tilt lever and got a small response, then nothing again. How would i go about bleeding the system?
You shouldn't need to bleed the equipment circuit. Unless the 1835C is wildly different than the 1835Bs that I am familiar with, the pump is below the reservoir, so it should prime itself easily. Also the equipment valves are open center, so any air in the circuit would promptly be purged just by having the engine running. Any air trapped in the cylinders might cause some irregular operation for a few cycles but nothing debilitating. If the tandem pump is getting power then I would be looking for an obstruction on the suction side of the tandem pumps.

OP
OP
B

Biginner

You shouldn't need to bleed the equipment circuit. Unless the 1835C is wildly different than the 1835Bs that I am familiar with, the pump is below the reservoir, so it should prime itself easily. Also the equipment valves are open center, so any air in the circuit would promptly be purged just by having the engine running. Any air trapped in the cylinders might cause some irregular operation for a few cycles but nothing debilitating. If the tandem pump is getting power then I would be looking for an obstruction on the suction side of the tandem pumps.
Ok. I've been very busy for a couple weeks. Back to the skidsteer. It drives back and forth and turns with no problem. Bucket and arms not responding. Can it be my seat bar switches? Or possibly the aux. hydrolic pedal?

Doc69

Ok. I've been very busy for a couple weeks. Back to the skidsteer. It drives back and forth and turns with no problem. Bucket and arms not responding. Can it be my seat bar switches? Or possibly the aux. hydrolic pedal?
With what I have been reading on mine the hydraulic gear pump supplies oil to hydrostatic drive and the bucket tilt and raise I wonder if yours is getting weak (gear pump ) because I lost bucket movement a little while before I lost all movement the tilt still worked but soon lost all. Now my hydrostatic pressure light is on. U might put a gauge in line to check pressure . I tried mine but no pressure at all. What I have found though is that the 85xt breaks will release at 185 psi. But normal psi is 350psi.if u can belevie what u read on the web.good luck. And if I find any thing else that may help you I will post . And my thread is 2004 85xt wont move . U may be getting enough pressure to move but not enough to lift . Just food for thought .

mckvt7811

hello I am looking at an 1835C the boom goes up and stays up - vale spool and spring and ball have been replaced - still happens - i have very little experience with a skid steer but work on heavy equipment as a mechanic for a living - im wondering if its a solenoid everything else seems to work good till i lift it - i originally thought maybe the valve was stuck but my buddy whose machine it is says he replaced it all and cleaned it all out

Swanson50

Let me know what you find out, I have an 1840 that I've been restoring and my boom will go up but will not go down. I'm stumped. I can let the arms go down after I turn off the machine though….

Latest posts