carbide tips

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

martygilbreth

Anywhere we can buy carbide replacement tips for various mulching heads. Mine is an FAE but was just wondering if anyone has found a supplier for various carbide tips. I own a machine shop and replacing the carbides on the hammers would be a breeze. Also have a waterjet which I can cut the hammer body with if necessary. Any takers?

Tazza

Staff member
Do they use carbide or do they use a hard alloy steel like bizaloy? or a type of tool steel?
The only reason i ask is because tungsten carbide is very hard but extremely brittle, hit one rock and you could loose teeth.

Bandit1047

Kenametal Makes the teeth for most of the domestic cutters, they make primarily road planer or rock teeth. They also make teeth for stump grinders, brush mulchers and mining equipment. They will not make them for end users. If you are not a distributor purchasing $50,000. or more a year you can't afford their teeth. There are alternatives however. I am in the early stages of designing a brush mulcher; "for the average land owner" and Kenametal is not competative. You can get pre-formed carbide and braize it on yourself, however finding someone that will sell you small lots is tricky. Send me an e-mail, my e-mail is posed under my user name and we can discuss this more in detail. Joe

OP
OP
M

martygilbreth

Kenametal Makes the teeth for most of the domestic cutters, they make primarily road planer or rock teeth. They also make teeth for stump grinders, brush mulchers and mining equipment. They will not make them for end users. If you are not a distributor purchasing $50,000. or more a year you can't afford their teeth. There are alternatives however. I am in the early stages of designing a brush mulcher; "for the average land owner" and Kenametal is not competative. You can get pre-formed carbide and braize it on yourself, however finding someone that will sell you small lots is tricky. Send me an e-mail, my e-mail is posed under my user name and we can discuss this more in detail. Joe
Your email was unlisted on your profile. Mine is [email protected]. talk to me, regarding cabide teeth for mulching heads. I own a machine shop and have the capability to cut new "holders" with my waterjet and braze on new teeth as necessary. I just don't know what kind of material to buy for the teeth. Where I can buy it. If I should experiment with a steel alloy that I could sharpen if necessary...etc.

Bandit1047

Your email was unlisted on your profile. Mine is [email protected]. talk to me, regarding cabide teeth for mulching heads. I own a machine shop and have the capability to cut new "holders" with my waterjet and braze on new teeth as necessary. I just don't know what kind of material to buy for the teeth. Where I can buy it. If I should experiment with a steel alloy that I could sharpen if necessary...etc.
Are you still with us Marty??? I sent you two e-mails and never received a reply. You must be spending all your time fiddling with that new toy. E-mail me if you still have an interest in discusing Carbide teeth. [email protected] Joe