Calculating GPM from pump specs? Possible?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

phillam

Hi all, I have a toyota 2sdk8. I have searched all the manuals online specs etc and am not able to determine the GPM output of the auxilliary to determine which motor to purchase for a 540 pto conversion. I have displacement/rev and use a rev of 2400 to get 39 gpm from the pump. But I am not sure how I can translate this to GPM output at auxilliary. I assume this depends on the pump efficiency, demand of the motors/cylinders, piping and valve restrictions etc Looking at surpluscenter I can't see a PTO pump rated to 39 GPM if the machine could put this out. The control valve limits the pressue to 2180psi but without the GPM how do I know which motor to use. Any advice appreciated. Thanks Phil

skidsteer.ca

Are you sure the 39 gpm is not the hydostatic pump?
You would need 80 engine hp to run the tires and have enough power left over to pump 39 gpm at 2500~2800 psi
I doubt the hydraulic flow is that high. 13 to 15 gpm at 2500 to 2800 psi is more likely.
Relief pressure can easlily be tested with a 3000 psi guage.
Testing for flow requires a flow meter and is the best way, but if you know the volume per revolutiion of the gear pump, you can calculate flow if you know the rpm.
I you pick a motor capable of handling pressures in the 3000 psi or higher you will likely be safe on that aspect. However you second part of it is to pick a motor whos volume will match the pumps rpm and turn the desired 540 rpm at near full engine rpm.

Latest posts