Buying first skidsteer and really need guidance

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tim.solomon

I'm looking to buy my first ever skidloader and wanted to get input before I start shopping around. The machine will be for home use and my #1 priority is reliability. I'll be doing everything from digging out stumps to running a backhoe attachment. I want auxiliary power so that pretty much demands a high flow. I don't want a small or super large machine, something that can lift at least 1,500lbs. I'd like the hand bucket and arm controls but its not a deal breaker if the machine has the old footpedal system. I'd like recommendations on best brands and models, diesel versus gas, machines to absolutely stay away from, thoughts on what is too high for hours, and common things to look for when i'm testing the machine out and inspecting before buying. I want to spend between $8,000-$15,000. I've heard really good things about the Case 1845Bs, but want opinions on other machines too. If this is the wrong area to post this question please let me know and I will move...or if there are already threads that closely match... Thanks for all your help!