Buying a new machine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

morturf

I am looking at buying a new track machine. I have extensive experience with compact tractors and would like to get some information about what to look for and how to choose. I need a machine that can work hills and lift at least 2200 pounds. I have all the brochures and have looked at most of the makes and I am getting overwhelmed by the choices available. I am wanting to find a machine soon and would like some help from you pros. Thanks in advance, Mike

Fishfiles

My choice for the best track loader out there right now is the Takeuchi TL series , my thoughts of why are : Takeuchi built the first one and stuck to refining the same basic design , it has a much better under carriage which gives you many more hours of use without excessively changing very expensive parts such as tracks , travel motors , rollers , idlers and sprockets-----pilot controlled functions which has less wires and electronics (Bobcat) to go bad which will eventually cost you down time and money , to repair a new Bobcat you need software not available to you or anyone except a Bobcat dealer , and Bobcat factory reps won't even talk to you or me , I like the fact that I can call Takeuchi direct and get help from the factory rep ------and most important , the Takeuchi very seldom goes down , a well built machine -------------the Mustangs and Geils are Takeuchis with a paint job and decals ---------the T 300 is the second best out there , but stay away from the JSC series ----------New Holland and Case don't impress me , PosiTrack and ASV/Cat are the worst -------- I am looking forward to operating a new Kobota ------my 2 cents

bobcat_ron

My choice for the best track loader out there right now is the Takeuchi TL series , my thoughts of why are : Takeuchi built the first one and stuck to refining the same basic design , it has a much better under carriage which gives you many more hours of use without excessively changing very expensive parts such as tracks , travel motors , rollers , idlers and sprockets-----pilot controlled functions which has less wires and electronics (Bobcat) to go bad which will eventually cost you down time and money , to repair a new Bobcat you need software not available to you or anyone except a Bobcat dealer , and Bobcat factory reps won't even talk to you or me , I like the fact that I can call Takeuchi direct and get help from the factory rep ------and most important , the Takeuchi very seldom goes down , a well built machine -------------the Mustangs and Geils are Takeuchis with a paint job and decals ---------the T 300 is the second best out there , but stay away from the JSC series ----------New Holland and Case don't impress me , PosiTrack and ASV/Cat are the worst -------- I am looking forward to operating a new Kobota ------my 2 cents
I second the vote for Takeuchi, when you hear a local Bobcat rep tell you that the Tak's are built like tanks, that tells you alot. The TL140 was my choice, but the Cat still won out for the other creature comforts.

frank123

I second the vote for Takeuchi, when you hear a local Bobcat rep tell you that the Tak's are built like tanks, that tells you alot. The TL140 was my choice, but the Cat still won out for the other creature comforts.
Have to put in a vote for the Deere CT322 for what you've described. Easily will handle 2200#. Hills no problem. Cat limits hillside use to 3:1 slopes in the owners manual. Tak has a higher center of gravity and narrow stance- tippier. Deere is hands down easier to service and maintain. The lists are the same as always, I guess. This battle has occurred a million times already. Bottom line is you need to try them out in your conditions and decide which dealer you have some faith in.