Buying a CTL out of state

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lfreng

Hi Guys, Just curious as to some recommendations. I am looking at getting a 2011-2012 Terex PT30 for up at the cabin in MN. Not a real common machine and I will probably have to buy out a state (10+ hrs away by truck). Most sites have some pics of the units but pics dont tell the whole story. Would it make sense to try and get ahold of a different dealership and see if I can talk to one of the mechanics and pay him personally to go over and check over the machine before I head down to make a decision. May be flip him $150 for his time and opinion?? Anybody ever do this before? I dont want to make the trek down and find out there is something wrong that would kill the deal. Any other recommendations as to buying a machine you really cant get your eyes on easily? Appreciate any feedback...

farmshop

I would try to find a reputable dealer. Try to get something in writing as to the quality of machine and possible warranty. While getting someone to inspect the machine independently is not a bad idea it could be hard to find someone knowledgeable on the machine without a stake in a sale.

Latest posts