Building a Wood Splitter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

coreya3212

Depending on your loader you may be able to lock the flow on in either direction. Your splitter simply won't work if the flow is reversed. No harm though. Believe the male on the loader should be pressure side.
Ken
Hee hee. This is what started last time. As this thread grows, you will read everyones way of doing it. Ken is right, as he usually is, but now i have to ask, does flow direction through a attached set of these couplers, make a difference?

jerry

Hee hee. This is what started last time. As this thread grows, you will read everyones way of doing it. Ken is right, as he usually is, but now i have to ask, does flow direction through a attached set of these couplers, make a difference?
I think most valves are marked for flow direction so it would make a difference if you are using a remote valve on the splitter. Probably has something to do with the relief.

coreya3212

I think most valves are marked for flow direction so it would make a difference if you are using a remote valve on the splitter. Probably has something to do with the relief.
Yes a valve on the attachment needs flow in a certain direction to function properly. But the couplers on the SS to the attachemnt. You will have a male and a female x 2 right. Males on the SS and Females on the atchm, OR Females on the SS and Males on the Attchm, Or one male and one female on SS and corresponding on the Attch.... So assuming you have the proper hose on the attachment to the proper aux connection on the SS, so the attachment function as required, do the couplers respond any differently in any of the above combinations.....

Oh never mind...I would be more than happy to wait till all the bugs are worked out prior to taking possesion of "my splitter"....just goofing. Post some pics when you get er up and running!!

OP
OP
W

WayneShaw

Yes a valve on the attachment needs flow in a certain direction to function properly. But the couplers on the SS to the attachemnt. You will have a male and a female x 2 right. Males on the SS and Females on the atchm, OR Females on the SS and Males on the Attchm, Or one male and one female on SS and corresponding on the Attch.... So assuming you have the proper hose on the attachment to the proper aux connection on the SS, so the attachment function as required, do the couplers respond any differently in any of the above combinations.....

Oh never mind...I would be more than happy to wait till all the bugs are worked out prior to taking possesion of "my splitter"....just goofing. Post some pics when you get er up and running!!
Well, I have gotten to the point I've actually been splitting wood! I had a couple "bugs" to work out initially, and have a few more things to do, but it's working at least. Of course once I finish "de-bugging" I'll paint it, but here is what I've done so far.
Splitter3.jpg
]
Splitter1.jpg
Splitter4.jpg
Thanks to everyone that helped me through this, it sure helped a lot!

skidsteer.ca

Corey
The couplers don't care which way the oil flows, only the valve on the splitter does.
Looks good Wayne, side table and a stripper to pull blocks off the wedge if they stick and you should be done
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Corey
The couplers don't care which way the oil flows, only the valve on the splitter does.
Looks good Wayne, side table and a stripper to pull blocks off the wedge if they stick and you should be done
Ken
Looking good!

Latest posts