Bucket tilt on Bobcat 753 not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bob6104

After reading through some past posts I'm wondering if the tilt cylinder needs to be rebuilt. I would love your thoughts on this... I was pulling out some brush with the grapple when I heard a clunk and the grapple tilted down. It won't tilt now with the exception of maybe a half an inch either way. The bucket has slowly tilted down after a time for quite a few years and I noticed that it was dropping more quickly lately. When I operate the tilt pedal I hear the pump respond and everything looks normal under the cab. Does anyone have an opinion about how to diagnose this?

billyb

You can test it on the machine if you understand that Hydraulics work with some high pressures!!
Bucket on ground or removed. Machine off. remove hose from bottom end of cylinder and plug or cap the hose properly. Attach a hose to the cylinder and place loose end into a bucket to catch oil. Start machine and push heel side of pedal as to tilt bucket back. Oil should come out of hose into bucket until the cylinder is retracted all the way. When cylinder is completely retracted and pedal is pushed there should be no oil coming out of the hose. If there is the seals on the piston in the cylinder are bad, Bore of cylinder is damaged. or possibly other internal damage. eg: Broken rod or nut loose or off

Latest posts