Bucket cylinders drift

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Treekiller66

Hey all on my l 185 we have just started to get some drifting down on the bucket cylinders. Ive had this happen before so i rebuilt the cylinders. But this time it still drifts all the same. Any way of trouble shooting this without buying relief valves and valve body's.

Earthwerks Unlimited

My 185.b does this too. It's most likely the check valve cartridge located in the control valve assembly. It should just unscrew. It will look like a big hex bolt head not unlike a relief valve. I would call Messick's Tractor and ask for Les the resident expert whop takes calls like this. Go to messicks. com for the phone number.

OP
OP
Treekiller66

Treekiller66

My 185.b does this too. It's most likely the check valve cartridge located in the control valve assembly. It should just unscrew. It will look like a big hex bolt head not unlike a relief valve. I would call Messick's Tractor and ask for Les the resident expert whop takes calls like this. Go to messicks. com for the phone number.
Hey thanks for the reply. Turns out both of the cylinders where in need of rebuild. Cant say that i totally can understand that, but rebuilt them and all is well. 4000 hours and second time of rebuilding them. My cats got 7200 and never touched them. Go figure

OP
OP
Treekiller66

Treekiller66

Hey thanks for the reply. Turns out both of the cylinders where in need of rebuild. Cant say that i totally can understand that, but rebuilt them and all is well. 4000 hours and second time of rebuilding them. My cats got 7200 and never touched them. Go figure
Hey thanks for the help. Turns out both bucket cylinders where bad, rebuilt one the other was scared a little more than i liked. But ya know they never got hot that threw me a little. Just thought it might be helpful to share the out come sometimes.

Tazza

Staff member
Hey thanks for the help. Turns out both bucket cylinders where bad, rebuilt one the other was scared a little more than i liked. But ya know they never got hot that threw me a little. Just thought it might be helpful to share the out come sometimes.
Good to hear you got it fixed. It really doesn't take much of a mark to make them drift.....