Brutal 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

A fella called me over to dig a fire pit the other day, Never use my 853 for this but, in no time I almost buried myself!. While trying to get out I remembered a guy telling me he use to dig swimming pools with his 853. I understand...........

Tazza

Staff member
I'd love to see just how you get out of a big pit you just dug. I assume you leave a ramp that you use to drive out. I have heard other people doing the same sort of thing but using an excavator to lover the machine into a pit and lift it out too.

OP
OP
P

perry

I'd love to see just how you get out of a big pit you just dug. I assume you leave a ramp that you use to drive out. I have heard other people doing the same sort of thing but using an excavator to lover the machine into a pit and lift it out too.
At one point I fell forward, with a full bucket, facing almost straight down, the arms slowly righted the machine. I made sure to dig a gradual incline to get out, it was when he wanted it 'wider' I almost got in deep do do!.

Tazza

Staff member
At one point I fell forward, with a full bucket, facing almost straight down, the arms slowly righted the machine. I made sure to dig a gradual incline to get out, it was when he wanted it 'wider' I almost got in deep do do!.
OUCH, i have done that before going down a gukk with a LARGE rock in the 4 in 1, scooting down then slowed a little too fast. It was my fault for having the bucket too high, should have been a bit lower. Anyway, i slow down then the whole machine tips forward, still moving at a half decent speed and THUD, i get smacked forward into the seat bar as the machine stops all too quickly.
I'd hate to have almost finished the job when someone says, can you make it wider? like they can tell you early to make it "this wide". Glad you got the job done though.

sterlclan

OUCH, i have done that before going down a gukk with a LARGE rock in the 4 in 1, scooting down then slowed a little too fast. It was my fault for having the bucket too high, should have been a bit lower. Anyway, i slow down then the whole machine tips forward, still moving at a half decent speed and THUD, i get smacked forward into the seat bar as the machine stops all too quickly.
I'd hate to have almost finished the job when someone says, can you make it wider? like they can tell you early to make it "this wide". Glad you got the job done though.
I slid into a septic tank hole once took over an hour to dig a ramp out tough to do when you cant spin around ....ahhhh the good ol days.......Jeff