brushcutting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dieselfite

I have a Brush Monster bruch cutter, I am going to spend the winter on the farm cutting small thorn trees down. My question is what is the best way to prevent a flat tire. I really want to buy a set of tracks hoping this will help from getting a flat.

nailsbeats

Diesel, over the tire tracks are a good way to lessen the chance of a flat. I have steel ones and after running in the woods a lot I have only had one flat. With tracks you will want to watch your tire preasure so you don't get excessive wear on the sidewall of your tire. I call my tracks "mulching machines" for running over brush. Sounds fun, good luck!

OP
OP
D

dieselfite

Diesel, over the tire tracks are a good way to lessen the chance of a flat. I have steel ones and after running in the woods a lot I have only had one flat. With tracks you will want to watch your tire preasure so you don't get excessive wear on the sidewall of your tire. I call my tracks "mulching machines" for running over brush. Sounds fun, good luck!
Thanks I do have tracks on my 763 and didn't have a problem but this winter I am going to cut down alot of thorn trees. What kind of tire pressure do you run?

skidsteer.ca

Thanks I do have tracks on my 763 and didn't have a problem but this winter I am going to cut down alot of thorn trees. What kind of tire pressure do you run?
I find 30 to 35 psi fine, some run up to 50 or so.
I run slime tire sealant in my tires and have fairly good luck with it.
Keeping a tire plug kit is not a bad idea either, Especially with tracks, if you can fix the leak with removing the track it save alot of work.
Ken

nailsbeats

I find 30 to 35 psi fine, some run up to 50 or so.
I run slime tire sealant in my tires and have fairly good luck with it.
Keeping a tire plug kit is not a bad idea either, Especially with tracks, if you can fix the leak with removing the track it save alot of work.
Ken
I run 45 psi. I am dreaming of the day these tires go so I can get a set of those Mclaren solid tires that have the flex to run with tracks, I think that would be the ultimate. Bad thing about those is the price. One of those things that you keep your eyes peeled for: a good used set at a good price.

kelly_b

I run 45 psi. I am dreaming of the day these tires go so I can get a set of those Mclaren solid tires that have the flex to run with tracks, I think that would be the ultimate. Bad thing about those is the price. One of those things that you keep your eyes peeled for: a good used set at a good price.
I love Mclaren's and worth the price too. :)

skidsteer.ca

I think I am going with the Loerging OTT tracks. I have to run spacers too so the total price out the door is $2850.00 is that a good price?
Just wanted to let you know you could have a set of our tracks and spacers for about half that figure. email me your zip if you want a quote.
Click on our website for photos and contact information
Ken

nailsbeats

I think I am going with the Loerging OTT tracks. I have to run spacers too so the total price out the door is $2850.00 is that a good price?
I am not sure what width track you are talking about or how much spacers cost, but I got my 10" Loegering Trailblazers for $2000 brand new. That was about $200 cheaper than anyone else at the time. Price around as much as you can it saved me $200. McClaren's were $3000, I couldn't justify it. I love my Loegerings, no complaints.

Latest posts