Breaker vs Drop Hammer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BPS

Sorry for asking so many questions lately, but I want to make good choices...What are the advantages/disadvantages to the breaker and drop hammer? The two that comes to mind for me is that the drop hammer can't break vertical concrete, however it looks like it may be less abusive to the machine. I don't know of anyone that has a drop hammer, so if I had to make a choice, which would be better. I plan to use the tool to tear out sidewalks, driveways, etc. thanks.

bobcat_ron

You pretty much nailed the high lights of the Drop hammer, much, much less abuse on the carrier and you get triple the amount of force. They are also less noisy and "spit" less when working next to houses with glass windows and vehicles. You just can't break a wall, unless you cut it and let it fall down, then the drop hammer can bash it.

OP
OP
B

BPS

You pretty much nailed the high lights of the Drop hammer, much, much less abuse on the carrier and you get triple the amount of force. They are also less noisy and "spit" less when working next to houses with glass windows and vehicles. You just can't break a wall, unless you cut it and let it fall down, then the drop hammer can bash it.
The drop hammer looks faster, too. It will be one of my next investments.

TimBev

The drop hammer is for flatwork and curbs. Very specialized, but way more efficient for what it does! Traditional hammers are more versatile, but require much more maintenance. I work for Universal Impact Technologies, the owners of the hurricane drop hammer. It's the original drop hammer and it has only gotten better through the years! We also have a line of traditional hammers, so if you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out! Or you can go to www.thunderattachments.com to find out more!