Brass Found in Case Drain Filter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Thrasher4219

Hello there, Would any of y'all happen to know why there would be brass in my case drain filter on a Bobcat T300? Every time I try to turn right my Bobcat makes a noise and jerks the control arms, it sounds something like a transmission grinding on a car. I changed all the filters and fluid, but it continues to do it. I also checked the case drain filter after about three hours of use and there was more brass in it. I also tried to adjust the control arms I had the service manual so I think I did it right haha. Thanks a lot I am really lost on this one...

Tazza

Staff member
Sadly, the only source of brass in the drive circuit is part of the rotating group in the drive pump..... It is possible that the pump is pulling it's self apart....

OP
OP
T

Thrasher4219

Sadly, the only source of brass in the drive circuit is part of the rotating group in the drive pump..... It is possible that the pump is pulling it's self apart....
Thanks a lot for the reply! So does that mean the brass is flowing through the drive motor to get in the case drain filter? And would there happen to be the any other yellow metals in the system, because I am not for sure if it is brass or not haha. Thanks again!!!!

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks a lot for the reply! So does that mean the brass is flowing through the drive motor to get in the case drain filter? And would there happen to be the any other yellow metals in the system, because I am not for sure if it is brass or not haha. Thanks again!!!!
There are no other brass or yellow metal in that circuit that comes to mind.
You have brass wear plates that the rotating group run on, then you have brass shoes on the rotating group pistons, nothing else that I can think of.

foton

There are no other brass or yellow metal in that circuit that comes to mind.
You have brass wear plates that the rotating group run on, then you have brass shoes on the rotating group pistons, nothing else that I can think of.
get a magnet and see if it will stick to it or not, of course brass no, iron yes.

Latest posts