Bradco trencher 615

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Bradco trencher 615
I bought it used and replace most everything except the drive motor. It noticed it doesn't take much ground contact to stop it?. Constantly lifting lowering to start again?. I called bradco and they said it wouldn't work if the drive motor was bad?. Is that correct?.

Tazza

Staff member
If the seals in the motor were bad you would get a lack of power for sure. I had the same thing on a 753, the wheels would turn if it was blocked but had no power. The oil was coming in the high pressure side then straight out the low pressure without going through the geroler.

OP
OP
P

perry

If the seals in the motor were bad you would get a lack of power for sure. I had the same thing on a 753, the wheels would turn if it was blocked but had no power. The oil was coming in the high pressure side then straight out the low pressure without going through the geroler.
I'll contact Bradco for new seals, is this an easy fix?.

skidsteer.ca

Perry
I have a used 625 but it take quite a bit to stall it. Will hock a 5" or 6" rock out of clay soil making a 4' deep cut 6" wide.
You should hook a pressure guage into the supply hose and see how high your pressure gets when it stalls. That will give you a good indication if the motor is good or not.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Perry
I have a used 625 but it take quite a bit to stall it. Will hock a 5" or 6" rock out of clay soil making a 4' deep cut 6" wide.
You should hook a pressure guage into the supply hose and see how high your pressure gets when it stalls. That will give you a good indication if the motor is good or not.
Ken
If the motor is anything like the geroler style motors bobcat use for their drive they are very simple. About 6 O rings and 3 backup rings. Line up the case drain holes and you are good to go.
I don't know what they will want for a seal kit though, bobcat over here wanted $120 odd for a kit, i got the O rings for $11 per side at the local seal shop. If the backup rings are broken you will need to get the rite kit though, i was lucky and mine were in good condition.
A pressure gauge is a good idea, if you spike to say 2,500 when it stalls its probably not seals.

OP
OP
P

perry

If the motor is anything like the geroler style motors bobcat use for their drive they are very simple. About 6 O rings and 3 backup rings. Line up the case drain holes and you are good to go.
I don't know what they will want for a seal kit though, bobcat over here wanted $120 odd for a kit, i got the O rings for $11 per side at the local seal shop. If the backup rings are broken you will need to get the rite kit though, i was lucky and mine were in good condition.
A pressure gauge is a good idea, if you spike to say 2,500 when it stalls its probably not seals.
Thanks guys,