Bradco 617 trencher motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Ordered a rebuild kit for the hyd. motor on my Bradco 617. Anything I should look out for?, All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Just give it a really good clean and use heaps of oil when re-assembling it. What re-build kit did you get? new geroler or just seals?

OP
OP
P

perry

Just give it a really good clean and use heaps of oil when re-assembling it. What re-build kit did you get? new geroler or just seals?
Just seals until I get in and have a look, how would I know the geroler is bad?.

OP
OP
P

perry

Just seals until I get in and have a look, how would I know the geroler is bad?.
Oh Yeah, I called 'white' the manufacture and the seal kit is $36.00, over a hundred from the local bobcat dealer!!!.

Tazza

Staff member
Oh Yeah, I called 'white' the manufacture and the seal kit is $36.00, over a hundred from the local bobcat dealer!!!.
Have a look at the rollers and the housing that they run, look for scores. Most of the time its just seals that go unless you got junk in there. Ensure the rollers go back in the same way and same locations. When you pull the motor down check the seals, if they are a mess you know where your problem is and i wouldn't worry too much about the gerolers. Ensure when you put it back together that the case drain holes line up (if it has them).
As for the price, i totally know what you mean. I bought new rotating groups from skid loader pumps http://www.skidloaderpumps.com/ his price was around $475 USD each, my dealer wanted $2,660 PLUS tax each!!!!. I got a really good price on seal kits too, it really does pay to shop around for some parts.

OP
OP
P

perry

Have a look at the rollers and the housing that they run, look for scores. Most of the time its just seals that go unless you got junk in there. Ensure the rollers go back in the same way and same locations. When you pull the motor down check the seals, if they are a mess you know where your problem is and i wouldn't worry too much about the gerolers. Ensure when you put it back together that the case drain holes line up (if it has them).
As for the price, i totally know what you mean. I bought new rotating groups from skid loader pumps http://www.skidloaderpumps.com/ his price was around $475 USD each, my dealer wanted $2,660 PLUS tax each!!!!. I got a really good price on seal kits too, it really does pay to shop around for some parts.
I suspect most skid steer owners, mainly bobcat, have done their homework on parts suppliers and saved a bunch!. I'm talking about he people who work on there own equipment.........

OP
OP
P

perry

I suspect most skid steer owners, mainly bobcat, have done their homework on parts suppliers and saved a bunch!. I'm talking about he people who work on there own equipment.........
Tazza, the trencher works until you put heavy down pressure and it stops?. If I lower slowly, it digs good?.

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, the trencher works until you put heavy down pressure and it stops?. If I lower slowly, it digs good?.
Did it always do that? as that sounds sort of like the motor may be under powered.
I'm in no way an expert in hydraulics, i can only go on what i understand about how they work. If you have small scores on your geroler i can't see it causing you a huge problem, you would have a little wasted power but i can't see it having a massive impact, its the sort of thing i would expect to notice more on a hydrostatic drive motor as you feel it pull more to one side.
Does it do the same when cold? as oil naturally thins out when hot.
The seal kit should include seals for the shuttle valve, so thats another thing i would check out.

OP
OP
P

perry

Did it always do that? as that sounds sort of like the motor may be under powered.
I'm in no way an expert in hydraulics, i can only go on what i understand about how they work. If you have small scores on your geroler i can't see it causing you a huge problem, you would have a little wasted power but i can't see it having a massive impact, its the sort of thing i would expect to notice more on a hydrostatic drive motor as you feel it pull more to one side.
Does it do the same when cold? as oil naturally thins out when hot.
The seal kit should include seals for the shuttle valve, so thats another thing i would check out.
It does the same hot or cold, the parts guy at 'white', said from my description of the problem, is most likely an o-ring split. I hope he's right!.

OP
OP
P

perry

It does the same hot or cold, the parts guy at 'white', said from my description of the problem, is most likely an o-ring split. I hope he's right!.
Well, got it apart and everything looks good, including the o-rings. No noticeable damage so it looks like an unnecessary freshening up?. Oh well, at least I got a look inside.......

Tazza

Staff member
Well, got it apart and everything looks good, including the o-rings. No noticeable damage so it looks like an unnecessary freshening up?. Oh well, at least I got a look inside.......
Well its good to have a look just to be sure. Hopefully it helps with the problem....

skidsteer.ca

Well its good to have a look just to be sure. Hopefully it helps with the problem....
You should hook your loader to a pressure guage and see if you get the full 3000 psi I believe the 853 is rated to relief at.
Then connect to your trencher and see how high the pressure gets. It may not be a problem at all, could just be your expectations ae too high.
I can stall mine too, but it does try pretty hard to move whatever is in its path. It does work better on my 3000 psi 773 then my 2500 psi New Holland though.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

You should hook your loader to a pressure guage and see if you get the full 3000 psi I believe the 853 is rated to relief at.
Then connect to your trencher and see how high the pressure gets. It may not be a problem at all, could just be your expectations ae too high.
I can stall mine too, but it does try pretty hard to move whatever is in its path. It does work better on my 3000 psi 773 then my 2500 psi New Holland though.
Ken
Yes Ken, I did check the psi which is set correctly, and you are probably right about my expectations. We have hard clay and no shortage of granite rocks, guess I should be a little more patient....

Latest posts