Bobtach Pivot Pins

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

qtband

I am new to this so help me out. I have a 742 and the lower pins need replacing. The bucket wiggles. How do I decide if I need pins AND bushings? Do I just replace them both right away? When I go to get parts, are they all the same? I also need a tilt pin as mine has broken. Are they pretty much the sae? Thanks, Ken

flyerdan

There is a parts manual for the 743 in the manual thread that has all the part numbers, you should grab a copy, as well as the service manual if you don't have it already.
Somewhere on here, Tazza did a very indepth thread about rebuilding the lower end of a bobtach, hopefully he has that bookmarked and will be along in a bit with a link.

OP
OP
qtband

qtband

There is a parts manual for the 743 in the manual thread that has all the part numbers, you should grab a copy, as well as the service manual if you don't have it already.
Somewhere on here, Tazza did a very indepth thread about rebuilding the lower end of a bobtach, hopefully he has that bookmarked and will be along in a bit with a link.
That would be great. In the meantime, I will search for the parts manual. Thanks!

spitzair

I've searched but I can't find a parts manual. Anyone have a link?
Go to www.bobcatpartsonline.com and select your model of machine. You can also search by serial number. When searching by serial number if you have the older style serial number such as 5017-M-50493 you would leave the dashes out and just put in 5017M50493 and it will take you to the correct serial number range of machine you have. Very handy website!

OP
OP
qtband

qtband

Go to www.bobcatpartsonline.com and select your model of machine. You can also search by serial number. When searching by serial number if you have the older style serial number such as 5017-M-50493 you would leave the dashes out and just put in 5017M50493 and it will take you to the correct serial number range of machine you have. Very handy website!
That worked great. Thanks!