Bobcat853 auxiliary hydraulics for grapple attachmeant not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mredden

I recentley bought a bobcat 853 vin#512818429.I attached the grapple hooked my lines up started the engine push the auxiliary lock button and moved the right joystick buttons back and forth but the hydraulics for the grapple wont do anything.Everything else works fine.Up down tilt.The green lights will come on when you push the lock buttons and they will go out when you turn them out.Like i say the grapple wont move at all not so much as a sound.I have checked fuses,harness, plugs,looked for bare wires.I have the BC853 manual with the wiring diagram and i pulled the auxiliary control module from under the seat attached to the left side of the bobcat frame.When i unplugged the module box the plug contacts and the module box itself looked like it had been dipped in a bucket hydraulic fluid.I might be wrong and if i am please let me know but im thinkin its that module but how can i be sure?Is there a way to test that control module?Cause there is no tellin how much that thing will cost if it can even be goten.Thanks so much for any help you guys can offer....

Kermode

Its probably a stuck power beyond valve or solenoid on the main hyd control. Identify which ont it is (can't remember), remove it and clean it up. It doesn't take much to gum them up.

OP
OP
M

mredden

Its probably a stuck power beyond valve or solenoid on the main hyd control. Identify which ont it is (can't remember), remove it and clean it up. It doesn't take much to gum them up.
I read on here about someone with the same problem and they said there solenoid was just stuck so i did what he suggested and took them apart and cleaned them.I also put power on them while i had them out im just not real sure what i was lookin for.You just could hear them hum.I didnt have alot of time to mess with it today so i only got the 2 done thats right under the seat.The one i have left looks a little diffrent and is a little harder to get to its down a little lower and against the frame on the right side.But after i cleaned them 2 i tried it out and its still not doin nothing.Tomorrow im goin to do the other one and see what happens.Is what i did with the solenoids the same thing u were tellin me to try?This is my first im not but 24 i couldnt afford a new one so i got me a little older i just have a couple kinks to work out it may take me a while askin around and tryin diffrent things but it will get there.Thanks for your suggestions

hyp7

Check this thread http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=47362 if it works or look up my thread having trouble with aux hydros. Anyhoo if its like my 763 with the hydo button on the right stick. Its prolly the solenoids. Mine wouldnt make a sound so I took them out and the shuttles were stuck. Take the solenoids off and take out the stems they just unscrew out. There will be a shuttle in the stem that should move, you should see 2 grooves cut into the stem. You might also see the shuttle it will have holes in it inside the top groove. Use a small paper clip and run the wire through the holes and try to turn the shuttle. It should come loose. Lube up real good and put back in the control valve and you should be good to go. Let us know if ya anymore questions.
Good luck

OP
OP
M

mredden

Check this thread http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=47362 if it works or look up my thread having trouble with aux hydros. Anyhoo if its like my 763 with the hydo button on the right stick. Its prolly the solenoids. Mine wouldnt make a sound so I took them out and the shuttles were stuck. Take the solenoids off and take out the stems they just unscrew out. There will be a shuttle in the stem that should move, you should see 2 grooves cut into the stem. You might also see the shuttle it will have holes in it inside the top groove. Use a small paper clip and run the wire through the holes and try to turn the shuttle. It should come loose. Lube up real good and put back in the control valve and you should be good to go. Let us know if ya anymore questions.
Good luck
Thanks alot thats a big help cause i went into 2 of the solenoids today i just hope i didnt hurt them because i didnt know anything about a shuttle being inside the stem and cleaned them with a little pipe cleaner brush and w-d 40 and put them back in.I will take them back out tomorrow.How will i be able to tell if there still good or not?I also put power to them and they just seem weak barley making a hum but i dont know if thats normal or not.And Thanks Again

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks alot thats a big help cause i went into 2 of the solenoids today i just hope i didnt hurt them because i didnt know anything about a shuttle being inside the stem and cleaned them with a little pipe cleaner brush and w-d 40 and put them back in.I will take them back out tomorrow.How will i be able to tell if there still good or not?I also put power to them and they just seem weak barley making a hum but i dont know if thats normal or not.And Thanks Again
They don't need to make much noise to be working, as long as you can feel them vibrating when you operate the thumb switch, they will hopefully be ok.

OP
OP
M

mredden

They don't need to make much noise to be working, as long as you can feel them vibrating when you operate the thumb switch, they will hopefully be ok.
I checked them out and the 2 that are side by side on the control valve were good but there is a small block lookin thing that is mounted to the main frame on the right side it has one silonoid on it and the contacts are burnt out on it.I went and ordered one today so hopefully that will fix it.Thanks for the help

Tazza

Staff member
I checked them out and the 2 that are side by side on the control valve were good but there is a small block lookin thing that is mounted to the main frame on the right side it has one silonoid on it and the contacts are burnt out on it.I went and ordered one today so hopefully that will fix it.Thanks for the help
*fingers crossed*
Let us know how it goes.