Bobcat T870 Radiator grill guard

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Nutty guy

Has anyone found a way to avoid large debris from collecting on the radiator grill on a Bobcat T870? We are running ours in an almond orchard and the nuts keep landing on and collecting on the grill and causing the motor to overheat. We have the reversing fan option but the nuts are to heavy to be cleared by the fan. Looking for a solution.

Allen

brdgbldr

You can DIY a screen, or even a sheet of plywood, that fits in between the lift arms and "floats" between the cab and the tube that runs between the lift arms.
You can use a piece of plastic tube, PVC or ABS, and cut it so it fits over the tube to secure it. Use a piece of foam to keep it from rattling on the cab.
I use this method to keep debris off the grill when I store my A300. It also keeps water from collecting on the tarp or cover when it rains.
It may not be pretty, but it should keep most of the debris off of the grill.

OP
OP
N

Nutty guy

Thanks for the idea. We were thinking about something like that. Maybe plexiglass so we don't impair our visibility out the rear window. We would have to really secure it, since branches will be constantly clawing at it as we go through the orchard. I appreciate your input.