Bobcat t190 right motor dragging

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kenny78

T190 with 4800 hours. Purchased 50 hours ago. After running a while the right lever increases effort and the motor acts like the brake is dragging. I don't want to push it hard so shutdown.

Bought this machine with recently replaced left motor with the assumption the right wasn't far behind. It felt a little weak but usable until this started. Jumping the diagnostic gun I replaced the right motor with a reman. Thought things were great and it did feel more balanced, but with a little use the problem has returned.

I'm new to bobcats and was wondering if there are reasonable charge pressure gauges or do you assemble from components? Is there an adapter and cap set available when diagnosing with a porta-power like I've read about?

Can the brake release clog on one side? Any help would be very appreciated.

brdgbldr

T190 with 4800 hours. Purchased 50 hours ago. After running a while the right lever increases effort and the motor acts like the brake is dragging. I don't want to push it hard so shutdown.

Bought this machine with recently replaced left motor with the assumption the right wasn't far behind. It felt a little weak but usable until this started. Jumping the diagnostic gun I replaced the right motor with a reman. Thought things were great and it did feel more balanced, but with a little use the problem has returned.

I'm new to bobcats and was wondering if there are reasonable charge pressure gauges or do you assemble from components? Is there an adapter and cap set available when diagnosing with a porta-power like I've read about?

Can the brake release clog on one side? Any help would be very appreciated.
First thing I would do is change out the in-line filters. There is one for each drive motor. After taking the old ones out, take them apart and see if the brass filter inside is clogged. I'm thinking that when you changed out the motor the brass filter may have cleared of debris, but when you started using it the debris re-clogged it.

It could also be a valve in the hydrostatic pump. But first make sure you don't have any clogs or leaks in the lines.

I don't think it would be your brakes. I have never worked on the brake system on a T190. The brakes are hydrostatic and there is only one brake valve. This would engage the brakes on both sides. Each motor has a brake assembly in it, and since you replaced the motor I would hope that hasn't gone bad already.

OP
OP
K

kenny78

Still haven't tracked down a proper manual but did buy a hydraulic test kit. These drives are the 5 hose variety. Confirmed that it has 280psi on inlet circuit. 280 ish on the apply brake but only 80 psi on right brake release when engage button is depressed. Brake apply pressure falls to 0 when button depressed.

I'm going to gauge the other side but was wondering if y'all knew what kind of pressure brake release should see? Google is failing me on t190 specific

OP
OP
K

kenny78

Finally got a manual. Charge spec is 210-270 psi. Taking the brake release block apart to see if it's dirty or the release valve is faulty.