Bobcat T-300

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jonathan01

Hello, I am new here, and new to machines. I have a 2003 T-300 high flow, and sometimes the engine will bog down if I push the sticks more than a 1/4 or 1/2 way forward, even with no load just driving accross the land. When the engine starts to bog down, if I let off the sticks, and about two seconds later the engine picks back up again. Sometimes it is fine if I push them all the way forward. If I am in a little mud or trying to go up a incline the machine will kill on me if I push the sticks far forward. I got stuck twice that I don't think I would have if the engine was not bogging down on me. Do you think it is trash, water, or air in the fuel? What could be my problem? Thanks

Fishfiles

I think you do have a fuel problem , I'd dump the filter into a clean container and see what you got to start , I'd check for a supply hose blockage , sometimes the primer bulbs check valve ( on the tank side of the bulb ) gets clogged up with algee or such , and then I would look at the fuel lift pump as early 300's had a problem with the lift pumps

OP
OP
J

jonathan01

I think you do have a fuel problem , I'd dump the filter into a clean container and see what you got to start , I'd check for a supply hose blockage , sometimes the primer bulbs check valve ( on the tank side of the bulb ) gets clogged up with algee or such , and then I would look at the fuel lift pump as early 300's had a problem with the lift pumps
Thank you, I will check that this weekend. The fuel filter was replace about 10 hours ago, so any trash would be recent. Do they have any filters or screens besides the main screw on fuel filter?

Fishfiles

Thank you, I will check that this weekend. The fuel filter was replace about 10 hours ago, so any trash would be recent. Do they have any filters or screens besides the main screw on fuel filter?
No other filter , time such as 10 hours doesn't really mean anything as I seen filters get clogged up with water and trash in 5 minutes , two things I could think of to try that may help you find the problem would be put a tee into the fuel hose with a gauge and check the pressure the lift pump is putting out , I have used a vaccumm/fuel pressure combo gauge and ran a long hose to the operator seat and monitored it while running the machine , another thing is splice a clear piece of hose into the fuel hose and see if the pump or an air leak is putting air bubbles into the flow

OP
OP
J

jonathan01

No other filter , time such as 10 hours doesn't really mean anything as I seen filters get clogged up with water and trash in 5 minutes , two things I could think of to try that may help you find the problem would be put a tee into the fuel hose with a gauge and check the pressure the lift pump is putting out , I have used a vaccumm/fuel pressure combo gauge and ran a long hose to the operator seat and monitored it while running the machine , another thing is splice a clear piece of hose into the fuel hose and see if the pump or an air leak is putting air bubbles into the flow
Thank you, for your help. I will try the few things this Saturday.