Bobcat T 250/300 Preventive Breakdown

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

Here is one I seen again today that some of you'll may see, it's the 4th time I seen it this month , and my part guy told me he has seen a rash of them sold lately , T250 and T300's have a lock solinoid that engages a slot on the spool valves of the tilt and boom at the controll valve to lock the spool in the neutral postion , it is electrically tied into the push to operate button , the hose that comes off the boom by pass valve hits and damages the wire right where it goes into the top of the solinoid and when you shake the machine or hit a bump it makes the machines boom lock up but the tilt still works , so if your machine isn't doing the lock up thing yet I would look for the hose hitting the wire and move the hose by loosing fitting , turning hose away from valve and retightening it , * Don't do this with boom in the air and not supported " as this hose I am telling you about can let the boom fall if it is unscrewed or burst

danobean

Fish , i think im having the same trouble! My T300 stops or locks up ,all the lights on the left panel goes off and i cant get them to light back up. But if i press the traction override and shake the machine a few times it will work again for a while . This sounds like what your talking about , but its not just the boom that stops its all 4 lights. Can anyone help?

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Fish , i think im having the same trouble! My T300 stops or locks up ,all the lights on the left panel goes off and i cant get them to light back up. But if i press the traction override and shake the machine a few times it will work again for a while . This sounds like what your talking about , but its not just the boom that stops its all 4 lights. Can anyone help?
Dano , my first thought on your problem would be the rpm sensor as I have seen it happen quite a few times now , but not always , could be a wiring issue , or the controll panel itself , the controller has to have a signal that the engine is running for the power to be sent to unlock the machine , it could be as simple as a bad connection at the relay as I have seen that water gets in and causes corrosion in the fuse box , and have found foam rubber that people had crammed under the cover of the fuse box to hold the relays tight as they will vibrate out the connection ------If it were me I'd take the chance with the rpm sensor as think it was about $30 , the least expensive part in the group with the best percentage of fixing it

danobean

Dano , my first thought on your problem would be the rpm sensor as I have seen it happen quite a few times now , but not always , could be a wiring issue , or the controll panel itself , the controller has to have a signal that the engine is running for the power to be sent to unlock the machine , it could be as simple as a bad connection at the relay as I have seen that water gets in and causes corrosion in the fuse box , and have found foam rubber that people had crammed under the cover of the fuse box to hold the relays tight as they will vibrate out the connection ------If it were me I'd take the chance with the rpm sensor as think it was about $30 , the least expensive part in the group with the best percentage of fixing it
Fish, thanks for helping. I will try the rpm sensor this weekend. This is a strange problem - it's only happened a few times & everytime it was after I had been running it for a while (heat may not have anything to do with it). I hope this rpm sensor will do the trick. Thanks again for the help & I'll repost my results here. Dano