bobcat s530 wiring harness repair

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dalers68

replaced the fuel shut off solenoid, connectors in the plug are in bad shape, want to replace the terminals, dealer says tor replace the harness at a price of $800.00 for a couple dollar repair, has anyone done this and if you have where did u get the terminals thanks

flyerdan

I would just replace both ends with an off the shelf plug set from the parts store. True, it won't match the existing ones, but it's not like you're replacing the solenoid several time a year (hopefully).
I've got a bunch of wiring harnesses out of parted out cars so I wouldn't even need to go to the store for one.

Tazza

Staff member
I would just replace both ends with an off the shelf plug set from the parts store. True, it won't match the existing ones, but it's not like you're replacing the solenoid several time a year (hopefully).
I've got a bunch of wiring harnesses out of parted out cars so I wouldn't even need to go to the store for one.
Matching plugs will be a nightmare, flyerdan has a good point, just replace it with a quality water proof/resistant plug/socket.