Bobcat S250 electrical issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

reevoj

Gentlemen, Good morning. New to the site. I posted this in Skid Steer forum as well, so I hope it is ok here too. Hoping to find an answer to a very odd problem. While running, the instrument panel died (both sides) and the machine came to an abrubt stop and died. Machine will crank up fine, not problem, no lag or weak battery. Panels are still inop. cranks fine, no panel, can't push trac button to get her to move. I have checked fuses and swapped relays around to make sure one wasn't out. I am all ears. She is stuck where she is at till its fixed. Thanks in advance for any advise.

OP
OP
R

reevoj

Controller question: I opened left kick panel inside cab. Big black controller box in front: PN 6693353 small black controller box behind the front one PN 6691298 Which one controls left instrument panel in cab and parking brake button? Does that controller also affect cranking of machine? If not, we make be on to something.

Tazza

Staff member
Controller question: I opened left kick panel inside cab. Big black controller box in front: PN 6693353 small black controller box behind the front one PN 6691298 Which one controls left instrument panel in cab and parking brake button? Does that controller also affect cranking of machine? If not, we make be on to something.
How do the connectors look in the fuse block? I'd like to think you have lost power to the controller. Connectors do corrode, and can cause issues like this.

OP
OP
R

reevoj

How do the connectors look in the fuse block? I'd like to think you have lost power to the controller. Connectors do corrode, and can cause issues like this.
Tazza, Everything looked ok. It wouldn't hurt to brush them a little, so I will do that. I was playing around with the left instrument panel and when I pressed the far left button, the digits on the screen faintly illuminated for just a second and then went away. The back lights nor the gauges or anything else did, it was just the black digits and just for a second. I can wait 10 seconds, press the button again and it will repeat. I ordered a controller. Can bobcat program the controller in the shop so I can swing by with controller only?

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, Everything looked ok. It wouldn't hurt to brush them a little, so I will do that. I was playing around with the left instrument panel and when I pressed the far left button, the digits on the screen faintly illuminated for just a second and then went away. The back lights nor the gauges or anything else did, it was just the black digits and just for a second. I can wait 10 seconds, press the button again and it will repeat. I ordered a controller. Can bobcat program the controller in the shop so I can swing by with controller only?
I thought they could program the controller without the machine, but i can't be 100% sure on that though.
I'd like to think, even in factory mode, you could start and move the machine and worst case, get it on a trailer and to the dealer to be programmed, so no call out fee.

7LBSSMALLIE

I thought they could program the controller without the machine, but i can't be 100% sure on that though.
I'd like to think, even in factory mode, you could start and move the machine and worst case, get it on a trailer and to the dealer to be programmed, so no call out fee.
I have posted many times on controllers. so before I rag youre but on not doing research, I will check and see if info. still there.