bobcat s220 "press to operate loader" not responding

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

yazan

hi , let me start with the complete story , dad had a bobcat s220 , engine got damaged some how ., so its left in workshop yard for more than 7 years , now i need it , so i got a used good engine and but it there , every thing is working now exept the pucket / loader nor working

when i push that button "press to operate loader" nothing happen
i checked the fuses , all are ok
BTW i have 47-22 code ( 8 volt sensor ....low )

so where to start ,
please any help or idea , is deeply appreciated
and sorry for my bad english language

Last edited:

brdgbldr

First place I would start, Make sure your battery terminals and grounding points are all clean and tight.

OP
OP
Y

yazan

thanks , where to find grounding points guide ? looked in wiring diagram over google , but no luck , only wiring sc

Last edited:

stew

There should be two ground wire. One goes to the starter, the other one goes to the body of the whole machine. The body ground is the important one for the rest of the electronics. Most engines are rubber mounted so the starter one does not ground very well to the rest of the machine.

OP
OP
Y

yazan

There should be two ground wire. One goes to the starter, the other one goes to the body of the whole machine. The body ground is the important one for the rest of the electronics. Most engines are rubber mounted so the starter one does not ground very well to the rest of the machine.
i did this already + the battery terminals and mega fuse holder , starter , alternator , all this big wires was sanded cleaned well , but what about small grounding wires inside the cab or in the frame / under cab ? anything connected to the body ?

stew

Thats codes stands for the 8 volt system of the loader is to low. Let me explain this loaders controller cuts down the 12 volts and turns it to 8 volts to only a few senders like engine oil pressure sender, lap bar sender, hyd pressure sender, and engine coolant sender. Its could be any one of these senders thats going bad causing the 8 volt part of the loader to be grounding out making the controller read less then 8 volt causing the code to come up. Or its possible the main controller is failing causing this code to come up. The bad part of this is the dealer will have the computer to be able to see what part is going bad. Hope this make sense to you and helps you. One thing that you could do is look over all the wires for bad spots where maybe there grounding out .

OP
OP
Y

yazan

I noticed today, that the gauges in the cab panels are not working, the temp and the diesel gauges is off
Does this have anything related to do with the loader not running?

OP
OP
Y

yazan

so , new seat bar sensor installed but no changes , no effect at all , everything is like before replacing it , the panel lights are the same as before and after new sensor .
connectivity is good for the 3 wires running from the sensor to the computer .

where to dig ?

JakeK

you're going to have to track down cause of your code "8 volt sensor low". If that system code exists then seatbar sensor cant tell controller that it's safe to operate therefore push to operate won't function. Start by unplugging sensors on the 8volt system 1 by one to see if code clears (goes stored). If not you'll have to get the wiring diagram to disconnect all 8 volt sensors and do resistance checks on wiring till you find the circuit that is shorted.

OP
OP
Y

yazan

any way to clear codes other than disconnecting battery negative terminal ?

thanks

OP
OP
Y

yazan

you're going to have to track down cause of your code "8 volt sensor low". If that system code exists then seatbar sensor cant tell controller that it's safe to operate therefore push to operate won't function. Start by unplugging sensors on the 8volt system 1 by one to see if code clears (goes stored). If not you'll have to get the wiring diagram to disconnect all 8 volt sensors and do resistance checks on wiring till you find the circuit that is shorted.
thanks , problem fixed , it was a bad sensor at the engine area , every thing now is working fine
thanks all

Daveb68

hi , let me start with the complete story , dad had a bobcat s220 , engine got damaged some how ., so its left in workshop yard for more than 7 years , now i need it , so i got a used good engine and but it there , every thing is working now exept the pucket / loader nor working

when i push that button "press to operate loader" nothing happen
i checked the fuses , all are ok
BTW i have 47-22 code ( 8 volt sensor ....low )

so where to start ,
please any help or idea , is deeply appreciated
and sorry for my bad english language
You have to be getting 12+ volts for most electronic components to work. Don't know if you figured it out yet but that's probably the issue.