Bobcat S175

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

7254greg

I have a bobcat S175 and the rubber boots around where the steering levers connect to the hydraulic valves or pumps are ripped and tore apart. How do you replace them? I see that the rivets need drilled out but how do you install the new ones? How do they fit over the top of the levers? Mine have a big end on the levers with finger controls for the auxillary hydraulics. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Joy oh joy!!!
Drill the 4 rivits out, getting them over the handles isn't so easy.... I had to cut the wires and solder and heat shrink them on mine. The harness doesn't allow you to pull the connector through the handle! its a bad design.....

skidboy

Joy oh joy!!!
Drill the 4 rivits out, getting them over the handles isn't so easy.... I had to cut the wires and solder and heat shrink them on mine. The harness doesn't allow you to pull the connector through the handle! its a bad design.....
To remove the top handles from the steer lever,all you need is a paper clip,pen and paper.
The connectors (at bottom of levers ) are marked A ,B,C,D,E,F etc. Write down colour of wire with corresponding letter,straighten out one end of paper clip and press in from terminal end and pull wire out. Handle and wires will then pull out of lever. It takes 5 minutes !

Tazza

Staff member
To remove the top handles from the steer lever,all you need is a paper clip,pen and paper.
The connectors (at bottom of levers ) are marked A ,B,C,D,E,F etc. Write down colour of wire with corresponding letter,straighten out one end of paper clip and press in from terminal end and pull wire out. Handle and wires will then pull out of lever. It takes 5 minutes !
I must have been in a rush *snip snip* :) mind you mine was kind of butched before i stared....

OP
OP

7254greg

How do you remove the top of the handle where your fingertip controls are?

OP
OP

7254greg

I removed the 2 screws and pulled off the top cover. Can't remove the rear. I dont know what to do next. Thanks

mrfixitpaul

I removed the 2 screws and pulled off the top cover. Can't remove the rear. I dont know what to do next. Thanks
Trying to remember on the g-series...can you roll the grip down a little and release plastic tab to remove the handle? I think that's how they are but it's been a while...

Tazza

Staff member
Trying to remember on the g-series...can you roll the grip down a little and release plastic tab to remove the handle? I think that's how they are but it's been a while...
Thats what mine are like too. You need to roll the hand grip down so you can push the tabs out of the steering lever so it will slide upwards.

Latest posts