Bobcat Orange Paint

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

Tractor supply here in the US carries Valspar Restoration Series AC Orange Tractor and Implement Finish Paint. Has anyone used this paint to know if the color matches Bobcat Orange and the durability?

mllud

Pondfishr:
I dont know What type it i s. Most likley acrilic enamel. If valspar makes it its good. I have spent time doing auto body and paint. I like their paint. As far as matching I dont know. Get a price on the paint, then look in the phone book under Auto Body Supplies.These places mix and match any color. they may even have a formula for your Bobcat oarnge. I think the price would compare to the tractor supply .They usually carry industrial grade paint as well as automotive.Yo may want to stick to acrilic enamel or Industrial enamel. Mike

mllud

Pondfishr:
I dont know What type it i s. Most likley acrilic enamel. If valspar makes it its good. I have spent time doing auto body and paint. I like their paint. As far as matching I dont know. Get a price on the paint, then look in the phone book under Auto Body Supplies.These places mix and match any color. they may even have a formula for your Bobcat oarnge. I think the price would compare to the tractor supply .They usually carry industrial grade paint as well as automotive.Yo may want to stick to acrilic enamel or Industrial enamel. Mike
Pondfishr: There are differences in paint quality. How well you prepare the surface your painting is the key to how it holds up.
Industrial enamels are more forgiving when painting. Equipment.The tractor and Machinery paints usually are Industrial enamel. The industrial paint is more flexable than acrilic but doesnt hold shine as well a acrilic.
Bobcat oarnge has red pigment in it Any red pigment has the tendancy to fade .Manufacturers of paint,ink,dye havnt figured out how to stop red from fading [UV rays] If you keep it in the shop when your not using it .that helps Mike

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Pondfishr:
The paint is an Automotive Grade and the AC stands for Allis Chambers. I am not familiar with the Allis Chambers color to know if it will match. I can get a can of it and spray a little on the bottom of the back door to see how it matches up. I have a TS store close to here so that would be the easiest but I don't want to paint it a color that doesn't appear to be factory. Will try it first but I will go to the dealer and get the paint from Bobcat if I need to.

mllud

The paint is an Automotive Grade and the AC stands for Allis Chambers. I am not familiar with the Allis Chambers color to know if it will match. I can get a can of it and spray a little on the bottom of the back door to see how it matches up. I have a TS store close to here so that would be the easiest but I don't want to paint it a color that doesn't appear to be factory. Will try it first but I will go to the dealer and get the paint from Bobcat if I need to.
Pondfishr: Ive painted some A.C. oarnge. It might be close.The dealer may not charge any more.
I bought a gallon of N.H. yellow for $45. from the dealer. The place that mix automotive paints will get it right on if you take them a sample. The dealer is probably your best bet if the a.c. oarnge.dont match. I had a wd45. Mike

sterlclan

Pondfishr: Ive painted some A.C. oarnge. It might be close.The dealer may not charge any more.
I bought a gallon of N.H. yellow for $45. from the dealer. The place that mix automotive paints will get it right on if you take them a sample. The dealer is probably your best bet if the a.c. oarnge.dont match. I had a wd45. Mike
don't know about color but I would use equipment type paint.....it doesnt get as brittle and will stay on the door better if you bash something .....Just my 15 years worth.....Jeff

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

don't know about color but I would use equipment type paint.....it doesnt get as brittle and will stay on the door better if you bash something .....Just my 15 years worth.....Jeff
The Valspar Paint is tractor and implement finish grade paint.

mllud

The Valspar Paint is tractor and implement finish grade paint.
That valspar is top of the line, and if they are selling it a restoration series Im sure it has all the right properties for equipment. It has to be better than the typical farm store tractor paint.I hope it matches. Paints that have nympha thinners or reducers have that flexability Mike