Bobcat M610 Rebuild (& Help) Therad

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

koldstart

Hope with a little help you guys can help me get her back to work! I'll document the progress if it might help out others. It seems like some older posts don't have pictures anymore.

I know she's an oldie, and I've done my best to scour the internet on various forums for any bits of knowledge and insight on these old machines, but anyway, here's the story.

I got the Bobcat for a song, just had to help the previous owner out delivering his new diesel Kubota Tractor he had just bought. He had this machine for a few years, where it had sat neglected out in the weather essentially untouched. He had bought it Non-Running from someone else, who also didn't have much to offer as far as the history of the unit. Anyways, the condition I had got it in was "mostly complete" but there has been some wrenches turned and a few mysteries yet to solve. I hope that with come pictures, as the build goes on .. that anyone who is still tinkering with these antiques can offer some insight and help. I'm not as concerned with the old Wisconsin, I've rebuilt my fair share of Gas and Diesel engines, (in fact I was installing industrial diesels into jeeps and trucks as a side gig at one point).

PXL-20220602-002308813.jpg

PXL-20220602-002322591.jpg

PXL-20220603-235901467.jpg

PXL-20220606-012737160.jpg

PXL-20220606-012724469.jpg

PXL-20220607-221259766.jpg

What I've done so far:
I've managed to remove the roto-swivel, drive sheave(s) and engine all out in good shape. It took some fighting and swearing, but I think we are in good shape there.
Got her pressure washed up enough that I'm not covered in soot every time I turn a bolt.
Removed the tires, and started to look at the guts of this ole` pig.

So where I'm at now, I was trying to figure out why the jack-shaft is at such an angle from the other jack-shaft. I removed the side cover, pulled up and saw that it looks like the bearing is meant to be able to swivel to some regard. I was able to straighten it out after removing the chain and slacking the tensioner, but I saw the bearing assembly was pretty cheap, and while I was dismantling everything, thought I should replace it while I was in there. Well.. Firstly, that sprocket that sits on the end of the shaft that engages the clutches was super sloppy. I took a video, just haven't figured out how to post that yet. I could move it along the shaft roughly 3/16" of an inch. I assume there is supposed to be thrust washers? or something to keep it in line with the other sprockets? Also looks like the shift fork for the steering clutches have been chewed away.. anyways, I removed the bolt, sprocket, keyway and washer.. and I was left with a collar near the bearing assembly. I saw a set screw, removed that no problem.. but somebody has been in there before, and I can't tell if they broke a set screw? or just started drilling into this collar for some reason? at any rate I cannot get this thing off. My Jaw pullers can't get behind it, and beating it from either side doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I don't know if I'm fighting this mystery drill hole? or if there is something else I can do to get the shaft out? Maybe remove the sheave halves and slide it out the "chain" side of the bobcat? This Jackshaft assembly I'd like to see come out, because that is one of the items on this unit that has been partially taken apart and I'm gonna have to figure out what I need to get it together again.

PXL-20220607-222301200.jpg

PXL-20220607-222250928.jpg

PXL-20220607-232202119.jpg

Appreciate any help or insight getting this thing together, lotta work around the house I could use this thing for!