Bobcat M600 won't start - help please

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
H

Hondaman900

ON my machine if the govenor isnt adjusted right itll surge the book should tell you also you should check the shroud over the flywheel for mouse houses or other clogging stuff too much and no air gets around it will boil the gas in the bowl and do the same thing Jeff
I replaced the fuel filter (5th one) and tied the gas line away from the heat. The old fuel filter was melted on one side. I hate to think what would have happened if it melted through and leaked onto the exhaust manifold !!
In any case, I used the Bobcat for an hour and a half moving stone chip up and down a hill and smoothing out a roadway. Man, it's exhausting work! However, I didn't experience the surging again. There were a couple of near stalls, but I just let off on whatever I was doing, and the engine bounced back. One one occasion I went into reverse too quickly with a raised bucket full of stone chips while facing downhill, and tipped it forward onto it's bucket, but bringing down the bucket to rest righted it again. A little scary but no harm done and a newfound appreciation of the limits on a slope.
The right side seems to operate easier than the right. I have to apply quite a bit of force on the right side to engage the drive, especially reverse or turning. Sometimes have to slam back the lever. Any ideas?
Also, what should fuel consumption be? How much fuel per hour should I expect to burn?
Thanks all

Tazza

Staff member
I replaced the fuel filter (5th one) and tied the gas line away from the heat. The old fuel filter was melted on one side. I hate to think what would have happened if it melted through and leaked onto the exhaust manifold !!
In any case, I used the Bobcat for an hour and a half moving stone chip up and down a hill and smoothing out a roadway. Man, it's exhausting work! However, I didn't experience the surging again. There were a couple of near stalls, but I just let off on whatever I was doing, and the engine bounced back. One one occasion I went into reverse too quickly with a raised bucket full of stone chips while facing downhill, and tipped it forward onto it's bucket, but bringing down the bucket to rest righted it again. A little scary but no harm done and a newfound appreciation of the limits on a slope.
The right side seems to operate easier than the right. I have to apply quite a bit of force on the right side to engage the drive, especially reverse or turning. Sometimes have to slam back the lever. Any ideas?
Also, what should fuel consumption be? How much fuel per hour should I expect to burn?
Thanks all
This machine uses clutches doesn't it? instead of a hydrostatic drive?
If its clutches, i'm sure it just adjustments to get the levers to feel the same.

sterlclan

This machine uses clutches doesn't it? instead of a hydrostatic drive?
If its clutches, i'm sure it just adjustments to get the levers to feel the same.
my machine uses about 8 gallons in an 8 hour day actual mileage may differ Jeff

KHAL

my machine uses about 8 gallons in an 8 hour day actual mileage may differ Jeff
Hi all.......I am desperately looking for a used, scrapped 600m. I need the driven belt pulley and maybe even the shaft .......Any ideas? Someone has one of these machines sitting in their back yard just rusting away, I just have to find it. The other option is to sell mine as is.