Bobcat in CAT disguise 743 paint

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PEVO

Sorry i cant attach pics. However i do have a folder in PHOTOS /743 make over, posted. But for the life of me i cant get them to display here. Something is not set right because the Design & HTML icons do nothing when i click on them. I cant even post test unless i click the preview button first then go back to edit post...then i can at least add text but not pics.

Remember go the PHOTOS and find the folder 743 makeover to see my progress so far. Most ppl will never notice ..except for contractors or other professionals than use skidsteers.

Right now i still need to paint the cage, add LED lights front and back, also amber flashing LEDS front and back and red LEDs in back all at the top of cab. Also going to cut tinted plexigass for the back and top to replace missing pieces.

All painting was done in sections via Tractor Supply rattle can paint.

743 has been repowered
new radiator
new exhaust
tires
Seat
steer handle boots and grips(motorcycle)
Will have all new LED lights (even thou its just going to be used around the farm i still need to traverse a public blacktop road)
New custom made decals (i manage a sign shop)
will have a backup camera too w/4.3in screen mounted overhead to right side of cab.

However i have no lap bar. It was gone WAY before i bought it

LASTLY i tried to separate my post in paragraphs, but posting it ..it squished all my text together :(

flyerdan

I went through and put in linefeeds and paragraphs where you intended them and added a link to your album. You have to physically enter all of the html coding, just like building a webpage in notepad.
Very nice looking machine and the decals will really mess with people.

Tazza

Staff member
I went through and put in linefeeds and paragraphs where you intended them and added a link to your album. You have to physically enter all of the html coding, just like building a webpage in notepad.
Very nice looking machine and the decals will really mess with people.
It really looks the part, may not be factory colours but you did a great job on it.
The 743 is a good machine, they just keep on going, no fancy electronics. I have 2 newer machines that have bothe decided to act up, i need to find some spare time to work out what's wrong with them, the 743s i used to have were dead simple, no electronics to stop the motor running.

843 skidsteer

Man, you did a great job painting that Cat!!! Bowling did it take you?
I'm new to the forum and have a 1988 743 diesel that I bought in July, it needs paint, but operates good, I'm going to keep it the original colors.and hope to try to paint it over the winter, any suggestions on painting?

OP
OP
P

PEVO

I'm new to the forum and have a 1988 743 diesel that I bought in July, it needs paint, but operates good, I'm going to keep it the original colors.and hope to try to paint it over the winter, any suggestions on painting?
well as i stated, it not finished. I dont have adequate shop space to properly put my skid up on blocks, pull the wheels, bucket and cab plus raise and block up the boom to paint it right way...with a spray rig. So i chose to do it in sections sanding off old decals with a 4.5in grinder and sanding discs priming then block sanding the sanding disc swirls out. i went through at least 15 cans of Tractor Supply Brand spray paint @ 5.49 a can. Also i have too many irons in the fire to devote to putting 100% of my free time into this paint job. So far the worst part was sanding the Heavy rust/chipping paint around the seat area of the cab. That and the anti skid tape where you get in and exit the skid. The area where just in front of the bucket also needed alot of grinding and sanding old concrete splatter scratches etc. Ive been farting around painting it for 2 months now. Other priorities have taken me away from finishing it up. It may be another month before im done welding light mounts, painting and finishing the plexiglass. But ill drop more pics in the floder as i finish it up.