Bobcat Hyd Oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy55

Hey Just stopped by Bobcat today and had a talk about hyd oil and that I needed something I could run in all my equipment. dozer, skidder, loader & skidsteers. Well they held strong to the manual Bobcat Oil or motor oil only if needed to top off. Bobcat wouldn't pay for a study to find what other's would work???? After they found out my Bobcat's were out of warranty and some more probing. They told me that they had gotten a shippment in and the supplier had forgot to put it in the Bobcat jug's, it was Mobil ISO 46 and they kept it and used it. With that we now have some specs to go by. If you believe the story. dennis

Tazza

Staff member
Good to know!
My dad spoke to the local diesel supply shop about oil for a 743, 753, 763 and their book showed i THINK 46 grade hydraulic oil. It was about a year ago now so i can't be sure. It supports your dealers claim about the fluid, if 2 different ppl have the same story it may be true!

OP
OP
F

farmboy55

Good to know!
My dad spoke to the local diesel supply shop about oil for a 743, 753, 763 and their book showed i THINK 46 grade hydraulic oil. It was about a year ago now so i can't be sure. It supports your dealers claim about the fluid, if 2 different ppl have the same story it may be true!
Hey Tazza how the weather down under? We had some of are coldest stuff last wk & 65 and rain this wk.
I think I'm going to start running Chevron ISO 46 in my Bobcat's, it's close by and easy to get. dennis

thetool

Hey Tazza how the weather down under? We had some of are coldest stuff last wk & 65 and rain this wk.
I think I'm going to start running Chevron ISO 46 in my Bobcat's, it's close by and easy to get. dennis
Hey guys about the oil-availability of "Bobcat" hydraulic oil may be an issue for some folks, but any more, the cost is not, or it's not in my neck of the woods. A 2.5 gal jug of bobcat oil is right around forty bucks-how much is 2.5 gal of the mobil ISO 46? I'll bet it's close enough not to matter, but I'd like to know what it costs. Thanks.....=).

Tazza

Staff member
Hey guys about the oil-availability of "Bobcat" hydraulic oil may be an issue for some folks, but any more, the cost is not, or it's not in my neck of the woods. A 2.5 gal jug of bobcat oil is right around forty bucks-how much is 2.5 gal of the mobil ISO 46? I'll bet it's close enough not to matter, but I'd like to know what it costs. Thanks.....=).
Hey farmboy!
The weather isn't too bad in Brisbane but flooding up north, high temperatures and fires down south... Go figure! The days are generally 29-33c (84-92) or there abouts. Its a little humid, but Brisbane has always had high humidity. I use the weather as an excuse to not do a whole lot of work on my machines at least. Its scary just how little time i have these days!
Shane - i too need to look into oil costings, over here i paid about $90 for 20L 15W40 diesel oil. I can get 20W50 for $16 for 5L, on sale at the moment. Yeah the whole oil debate! I figure if it works stick with it! Especially in the middle of summer over here it gets rather warm and even the middle of winter we never get below 0C so thicker oil for me never seems to be an issue.

Kelly

If you really want to know what is in the Bobcat oil, just pull the MSDS sheets at the dealership. I looked at them four or five years ago and don't remember what they said. At the counter when someone asks what's in it I tell them Bobcat hydraulic oil is a high grade AW46.

perry

If you really want to know what is in the Bobcat oil, just pull the MSDS sheets at the dealership. I looked at them four or five years ago and don't remember what they said. At the counter when someone asks what's in it I tell them Bobcat hydraulic oil is a high grade AW46.
I'm not hijacking, just commenting....I was buying rotella engine oil in 5 gal buckets, but they changed to 4 qt. containers only?. I thought, what the heck, I'll buy it in 50 gal. drums. I haven't checked the price yet but hopefully, it will be quite a bit less?. Anyone take this route?.

TriHonu

I'm not hijacking, just commenting....I was buying rotella engine oil in 5 gal buckets, but they changed to 4 qt. containers only?. I thought, what the heck, I'll buy it in 50 gal. drums. I haven't checked the price yet but hopefully, it will be quite a bit less?. Anyone take this route?.
Well this fits with my conversation with Sauer-Donfoss from a previous discussion on this topic in Re: Let's revisit the oil vs. hydraulic question???
Sauer Danfoss Technical Support - They first recommend Premium Hydraulic Fluids and told me Mobil DTE 15M is very good. I live in southern Minnesota and they recommended
ISO 46 for the temperatures we normally see 100 to 0 degrees F.
OR
ISO 32 if we were operating a lot in the -10 to -20 degrees F
Sounds like Bobcat also followed the recommendations of their hydrostatic pump manufacturer...

sterlclan

Well this fits with my conversation with Sauer-Donfoss from a previous discussion on this topic in Re: Let's revisit the oil vs. hydraulic question???

Sauer Danfoss Technical Support - They first recommend Premium Hydraulic Fluids and told me Mobil DTE 15M is very good. I live in southern Minnesota and they recommended
ISO 46 for the temperatures we normally see 100 to 0 degrees F.
OR
ISO 32 if we were operating a lot in the -10 to -20 degrees F

Sounds like Bobcat also followed the recommendations of their hydrostatic pump manufacturer...
perry don't know about your neck of the woods but here we pay more tax like 8 percent vs 5 percent on 55 gallon drums than on five gallon buckets some environmental thing i think.....