Bobcat Hour meter failure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mtautoken

I have a T300 all electronic unit built in 2006 and the hour meter started reading only with the upper or lower half, can't recall which. There was a similar post/help request but no real help was given other than swapping the panel out to verify. New is over $400.00 I have the service manual with the schematics, but as the wire schematic only shows the poorly described or labeled wires going into the Bob J2 Connector. I have it at an electronics shop, they think they may have found or repaired something. They are asking me to reconnect it to see if it works or not. NOT WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR! I disassembled the panel to have a look for myself and after removing the LCD screen, I noticed that when I touch some of the contacts the display would display segments very clearly. So that is when I called the electronics shop. The board has a brand name of Vansco on it. I found two places online that repair their boards with a free evaluation. But one has a minimum $250 charge and the other was evasive about a high and low price. I also found a Speedo repair place in Canada that gave me a price of $385 to repair it. At that price I would rather buy the new one. If anyone has been down this road before and can offer some help, I would surely appreciate it. I will post back as it gets repaired of replaced. Ken

Tazza

Staff member
You don't have many options really, it sounds like the LCD may be bad or at least the contacts are not working as they should.
I have never cracked one open to fiddle with it. If the LCD is just a module, you may be able to find one and replace it.
You may be able to find a used one, but i believe it will be rare to find one used.

OP
OP
M

mtautoken

Thanks for the reply Tazza. I got the unit back from the electronics shop yesterday, but I won't be able to get it over to the machine until this weekend. I'm just very doubtful that it is fixed. After a little more thought and gazing over the wire schematic, I really need to know what the circuits at the panel connector should have in regards to signal, frequency, power, ground or ? Because everything else in the panel is operating properly, the loader function buttons, lights and analog gauges. I want to assume that all the circuits up to the connector on the board are as they should be. But until I know for sure I don't want to spend a chunk of money and look like a "parts re-placer" rather than a technician. Hopefully someone has been down this road before, maybe a Bobcat tech that knows what circuits require what signals/values to call the board bad or not. Thanks again for all who are taking the time to read this. I'm not sure if we can post pics on this forum or how. But maybe I will try to post a pic of the schematic that shows the connector. Maybe someone could help me interpret the Bobcat abbreviations. Ken