Bobcat Heater Wiring

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cmb97

Last night i was out moving Gravel And then My head lights Flashed and came back on it was a slit second and then i noticed my heater was not blowing anymore fuses were all good everthing else worked and still does except the blower on the heater I have a 7753 bobcat the heater is the one that is by your left arm. I checked for power and the switch had power so checked the wire and there was no power at the wire.took the wire out and found what looks to be a fuseable like but not sure there is also a 30 amp fused link frther down the line here is a couple pictues of the part that i think was the problem (It had heat shrink around it) http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc135/Cmb97/?action=view¤t=131.jpg http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc135/Cmb97/?action=view¤t=134.jpg
Anybody know what this is and if it is needed?

OP
OP
C

cmb97

Sorry I can't link the pictures. If u click media and then photos they are in the folder Marked Power wire heater blower on page 2
134.JPG

thetool

Sorry I can't link the pictures. If u click media and then photos they are in the folder Marked Power wire heater blower on page 2
It is (was) a diode. Most likely it's either been crushed and broken, or you have a bad blower motor switch or motor and that burned it up. Or, since you said your lights flickered, perhaps you have a charging problem with your alternator.
You can match it at an electronics store, or buy one from Bobcat parts, if they're still available. They were a year ago or so.
Good Luck.

OP
OP
C

cmb97

It is (was) a diode. Most likely it's either been crushed and broken, or you have a bad blower motor switch or motor and that burned it up. Or, since you said your lights flickered, perhaps you have a charging problem with your alternator.
You can match it at an electronics store, or buy one from Bobcat parts, if they're still available. They were a year ago or so.
Good Luck.
Electronics store said they could not even get one they have some small ones for toasters,coffee makers and such but he said that is all they can get.Bobcat dealer said never seen it and service guy also said never seen it.Lots of help from them. How would someone find out what size of diode is supposed to be voltage/amps ? My next Question would be due to an inline fuze already in the line could i just hook it back up with out this Diode ? Thanks

mllud

A diode only allows curent to flow in one direction and is probably there to protect something from damage.
I think a diode can also be used to convert a/c current to d/c curent. In this case that doesnt sound right.
Did you try a google search. Its amazing what you can find on e-bay.

mllud

A diode only allows curent to flow in one direction and is probably there to protect something from damage.
I think a diode can also be used to convert a/c current to d/c curent. In this case that doesnt sound right.
Did you try a google search. Its amazing what you can find on e-bay.
You have a 12 volt system and I think the blower motor should be 20 to 30 amps. I dont know if thats right,should be close.If you tell them what its for a the vendor should be able to match it. The tag on the blower motor should have the amperage.You probably cant see the blower motor.
Mike

OP
OP
C

cmb97

You have a 12 volt system and I think the blower motor should be 20 to 30 amps. I dont know if thats right,should be close.If you tell them what its for a the vendor should be able to match it. The tag on the blower motor should have the amperage.You probably cant see the blower motor.
Mike
Thanks i will go to electronics store to see what they have

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks i will go to electronics store to see what they have
It looks like the old style ones, depending on how much juice you need to pull through it an electronics store will be able to hook you up. Something cheap and common is a 1N5404 thats rated at 3A @ 400v. I can't see it being used as a rectifier as all your power is DC, not sure exactly why its there.

thetool

It looks like the old style ones, depending on how much juice you need to pull through it an electronics store will be able to hook you up. Something cheap and common is a 1N5404 thats rated at 3A @ 400v. I can't see it being used as a rectifier as all your power is DC, not sure exactly why its there.
Unless they changed the availability pretty recently, your local Bobcat Support is FOS. Tell your parts guy to do an MUO on "diode", then punch in on the list for the electrical system on your model.
It's a common diode Bobcat used in their harnesses, to keep from backfeeding when you shut off the blower or reduced speeds. On the parts breakdown page, it will list "diode" with a part number. There are other diodes in your harness for different things and they're all the same.
The only trick is installing them in the right direction. Just put the new one in with the stripe on the same side as the old one.
I don't know about some of these dealerships.......=(.

Tazza

Staff member
Unless they changed the availability pretty recently, your local Bobcat Support is FOS. Tell your parts guy to do an MUO on "diode", then punch in on the list for the electrical system on your model.
It's a common diode Bobcat used in their harnesses, to keep from backfeeding when you shut off the blower or reduced speeds. On the parts breakdown page, it will list "diode" with a part number. There are other diodes in your harness for different things and they're all the same.
The only trick is installing them in the right direction. Just put the new one in with the stripe on the same side as the old one.
I don't know about some of these dealerships.......=(.
Very true about the direction, they are essentially a one way valve for electricity. Install it the wrong way power will not go through.

OP
OP
C

cmb97

Very true about the direction, they are essentially a one way valve for electricity. Install it the wrong way power will not go through.
Thanks guys I Put a couple of inline fuses in and it is working so we will try it like that for now.I checked everywhere and NO ONE had seen it before. I have oredered a servicemanual so that will help me almost as much as you guys have. Thanks again

Latest posts