bobcat attachments no longer work.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

excavator arm quit while I was digging a trench. My neighbor came over and his machine operates the attachment so the problem is with the skid steer, not the arm. no warning lights. it acts like there is no electrical interaction with the attachment. is there some type of fuse interface or reset? any help figgering out where to start would be great. thanks (2005 s150 with bobcat brand excavating arm)

OP
OP
P
forgot to mention, the cable that comes along the arm to feed the attachment appears to be in good condition. it have checked the plug insertion by the motor too

Tazza

Staff member
forgot to mention, the cable that comes along the arm to feed the attachment appears to be in good condition. it have checked the plug insertion by the motor too
I'd start by checking all the fuses in your fuse box, hopefully something as simple as that.
There is no reset for the attachment.

OP
OP
P
I'd start by checking all the fuses in your fuse box, hopefully something as simple as that.
There is no reset for the attachment.
youre right. i found a bad ground on the attachment itself, and the fuse was bad. (i had never noticed the fusebox right there in the open!!) i assume the bad ground caused the issue. either way, its fixed. thanks