Bobcat attachments and the hydraulic quick connect

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sunnyboy

The backhoe manual (for my 709) says to connect the hydraulic quick-connect couplers together after removing the unit from the bobcat. The manual for the landscape rake (LR50) has nothing to say about the quick connects after disconnecting the unit. SO - other than the obvious "keeping dirt off the coupler faces", is there any other good reason to connect the connectors on an attachment together? What is the concensus among attachment users - do you leave them apart on the attachment when not in use, or couple them together? Thanks in advance, -Richard

Tazza

Staff member
There are 2 sides to this, one is to keep dirt out as you already know. The bad side is when you hook the couplers together when the attachment is cool, when the sun shins on it or its a hot day, the oil expands and you simply can't un-couple the fittings as the oil is under pressure. The only way to get them apart is to crack a fitting to release the pressure.
If its not going to sit long, i do this with my 4 in 1, plug them together do my work then hook it back on the machine.