Bobcat 943 right side hydro weak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

topfli8979

My bobcat has started getting weaker on the right side. After it's been running a few minutes the right side will not push much forward, and will not spin the tires . Has a decent amount of reverse power but squeals loudly. Left side is responsive and strong , will spin tires. Does this sound like hydro failure or something smaller like relief valves?

Tazza

Staff member
Almost sounds like bad seals int he drive motor.
How hard is it to swap motors from side to side and see if the issue moves to the other side?

OP
OP
T

topfli8979

Almost sounds like bad seals int he drive motor.
How hard is it to swap motors from side to side and see if the issue moves to the other side?
I will look into the motor swap from side to side. But I also noticed when the right side is weak , if I push the right hydro stick forward is does NOT seem to load the engine down at all.

Tazza

Staff member
I will look into the motor swap from side to side. But I also noticed when the right side is weak , if I push the right hydro stick forward is does NOT seem to load the engine down at all.
Bad seals can do that too, if the seals are bad, high pressure fluid can by-pass from inlet to outlet without going through the main parts of the motor that make it move. Hopefully it is that simple, the motor swap from side to side will give you a better idea.

OP
OP
T

topfli8979

Bad seals can do that too, if the seals are bad, high pressure fluid can by-pass from inlet to outlet without going through the main parts of the motor that make it move. Hopefully it is that simple, the motor swap from side to side will give you a better idea.
Tore into the drive system today, what a b$#&h... Anyway the left and right drive motors are completely different in the hydro hose mounting locations, so I cannot swap side to side . I went ahead and pulled the right side drive motor. Going to get it tested , hopefully it was not all for nothing. Will get back with info.

OP
OP
T

topfli8979

Tore into the drive system today, what a b$#&h... Anyway the left and right drive motors are completely different in the hydro hose mounting locations, so I cannot swap side to side . I went ahead and pulled the right side drive motor. Going to get it tested , hopefully it was not all for nothing. Will get back with info.
Well drive motor tested good. So I went ahead and blocked off all the hydraulic lines to that side. When I do forward motion on the stick the engine loads/bogs is very minimal. But it is much much more noticeable when reverse is applied. I made a short video on YouTube , sorry for the bad quality. https://youtu.be/msjws-8otbY

Tazza

Staff member
Well drive motor tested good. So I went ahead and blocked off all the hydraulic lines to that side. When I do forward motion on the stick the engine loads/bogs is very minimal. But it is much much more noticeable when reverse is applied. I made a short video on YouTube , sorry for the bad quality. https://youtu.be/msjws-8otbY
It does seem to show that one side is building up more pressure than the other, it could be an issue with the relief valve, there should be 4 in the pump somewhere. One for each direction for both motors.
Hopefully it's as simpe as something stuck in the seat of the valve.