Bobcat 943 hydro issue?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

topfli8979

Bobcat 943 right side forward seems slower more sluggish than reverse? Left side is fine, and matches right side reverse speed. Is this a hydro pump issue ?

OP
OP
T

topfli8979

If I'm pushing into a load with bucket, left tires will spin at mid throttle. Right side will not spin. But reverse is snappy and fast.

Tazza

Staff member
If I'm pushing into a load with bucket, left tires will spin at mid throttle. Right side will not spin. But reverse is snappy and fast.
It could be a bad seal in the drive motor, or leaking shuttle valve in the motor. Even a leaky/weak relief valve for forward on that side.
If it has good power backwards, i feel your pump and motor parts are good, but could be as simple as a seal

OP
OP
T

topfli8979

It could be a bad seal in the drive motor, or leaking shuttle valve in the motor. Even a leaky/weak relief valve for forward on that side.
If it has good power backwards, i feel your pump and motor parts are good, but could be as simple as a seal
Thanks for info Tazza. Should all 4 wheels spin at all throttle positions ? Or only when I'm going full throttle.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for info Tazza. Should all 4 wheels spin at all throttle positions ? Or only when I'm going full throttle.
Not at low throttle, it will load the engine down quite a bit. Even at full throttle, you may only be able to get one side to spin at a time.
Slowly push a stick forward till they start to spin, you probably won't get the stick all the way forward before stalling the engine. If you engine is in really good shape, you *may* get both sides to ge at once, but only at low speed.