Bobcat 873 won't move

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Krimick

I have an 873 that will not move forward or back. Machine starts fine, disengage parking brake, bar down and traction lock all seem to work fine ( The indicator lights on the BICS light up as they should and do not blink) I can hear the click of the solenoid when I depress either the green button or the parking brake, but it's been cold out lately. Could it be stuck? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

OldMachinist

Does the lift and tilt work? If yes put some wood blocking under the rear of the machine and tilt the bucket down to raise the wheels off the ground and see if they work then.

Fishfiles

Does the lift and tilt work? If yes put some wood blocking under the rear of the machine and tilt the bucket down to raise the wheels off the ground and see if they work then.
It don't get cold down here in south east Louisiana but you mentioning cold and that would have me guess water in the chain case frozen around the chains

skidsteer.ca

It don't get cold down here in south east Louisiana but you mentioning cold and that would have me guess water in the chain case frozen around the chains
When you push the green button do you hear the load "snap" of the park brakes releasing?
Ken

mrfixitpaul

When you push the green button do you hear the load "snap" of the park brakes releasing?
Ken
If you are hearing the 'snap' and still won't move but labors trying to move against the brake, maybe the pull on the solenoid is working but the hold coil is bad, or something mechanical below the solenoid either stuck or came apart.