Bobcat 863G auxiliary hydraulic issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DMR

I'm new to this forum and need some help with getting a new Titan grapple to close (the grapple will open) on my Bobcat 863G (SN 514443510). I multimeter tested the two 10V coils (part #6717706) and got 3.5 and 3.6 ohms respectively. The service manual (page 20-90-2) says the pressure relief coil should be 7-10 ohms and all other coils 5-8 ohms. I'm presuming my coils are both bad. I also tried to test the magnetic pull by 1) turning the key to tge machine on (not starting it) and hitting the right control switch left and right (and also tried depressing the trigger) and 2) by turning on the auxiliary hydraulics with the machine keyed on but not started … neither coil had any magnetic pull at all. The auxiliary hydraulics (normal and high flow) turn on at the control panel without any error signal with the ending running and the high flow kicks in and kicks off by using one click of the right trigger. The grapple flys up when the right switch is hit but then it won't respond to the switch to go back down. It appears there isn't any reverse hydraulic fluid flow to force the grapple to go back down. I'm replacing both coils as a first step. NOTE: the auxiliary hydraulics haven't been used in quite a few years so I'm also thinking possibly one of the stems (both stems) might also be stuck. Can the solenoid stem valves (part #6676249) be pulled and cleaned to possibly unstick. The stems are $187 each at Bobcat. I'd appreciate it if someone can provide input or suggestions on a fix. Thanks DMR

OP
OP
D

DMR

Update… Bobcat 863 G … I have found the grapple should be operated and used in Monetary Aux Hydraulic. Unfortunately my Aux Hydraulic will not engage the grapple using the right thumb switch in Monetary or High Flow. When switching to High Flow the grapple engages with the right trigger switch BUT only to OPEN grapple and the grapple will not close using either the trigger or thumb switch. I did put 2 new coils put on both stems and also switched both stems with same no thumb switch response. I do not here and sounds when the Monetary Aux Hydraulics are turned on from either fluid flow or from the two solenoids when toggling the right thumb switch. There is definitely sound of engagement when High Flow is turned on. It appears I'm not getting electric flow to the right thumb switch (the right trigger works) OR I'm getting electric to the right thumb toggle switch but just the not getting electric flow from the right thumb toggle switch to the two solenoids to open and close the grapple. Any suggestions on fixing or diagnosing this Aux Hydraulic issue would be greatly appreciated.