Bobcat 863 issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AK Surveyor

My company has a 863 skidsteer. I know nothing about it, Last winter everything worked fine. This year, I fired it up, runs great, moves just fine EXCEPT, I push the OPERATE button, all 3 of the little lights come on and there is control of the bucket for about 15 seconds, then "beep" all the lights go out and no buck control. Was first told it was most likely the filter, changed it out, still nothing. What's up?

brdgbldr

It sounds like you have the electronic panels. (I am not overly familiar with your machine but the fallowing instructions work on most).

Start the machine and press and hold the "lights" button. This should give you the error codes that the machine has. There could be more than one code so be prepared to write them down as they will scroll through them.

Here is a site (not the best) that will tell you what the codes mean:

reaperman

Its not the filter, its electronic. You could check the relay marked "traction" its probably number 14 in the panel. Unlike a blown fuse, a relay can work intermittenly when they start to go bad. Swap the relay for a known working one like headlights. Or it could be a loose ground, or bad wire, etc.

OP
OP
A

AK Surveyor

Its not the filter, its electronic. You could check the relay marked "traction" its probably number 14 in the panel. Unlike a blown fuse, a relay can work intermittenly when they start to go bad. Swap the relay for a known working one like headlights. Or it could be a loose ground, or bad wire, etc.
Will do thanks

Jim A

Does it shut down randomly or exactly after 15 seconds every time ?
a loose wire would be random.
A sensor or relay may be at fault if at exact time period.
ECM may be triggered to turn lock function by such .

OP
OP
A

AK Surveyor

Does it shut down randomly or exactly after 15 seconds every time ?
a loose wire would be random.
A sensor or relay may be at fault if at exact time period.
ECM may be triggered to turn lock function by such .
I will take a look at it, thanks