Bobcat 853 Purchase Advice

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bewing

I currently own an older 743 have the opportunity to purchase a well cared for 853. Could anyone offer advice on the 853 compared to the 743. I think the 853 has an Isuzu motor and I would like to hear the pro's and possible con's compared to what I have today.

skidsteer.ca

The Isuzu motor is a excellent cold weather starter, even without glow plugs, it is noiser then the kubota (and mine got a new muffler) operator needs ear covers for more then a few minutes use.
The steering on the 853 is not as nice as some of the smaller units I have run. I guess they are servo controled. When you move the lever it takes a second for the think to let you know how fast it will go for that posistion of the lever, which makes it harder to get both levers where you want at the same time. Drive it and you will see what I mean. Its not bad once you get used to it , but my wife does'nt like it.
My only other complaint is the boom cross member block you view of the top of the quick attach and makes it a little harder to pick up a attachment.
other then that I like it and it will lift right there with my 773 g
Ken

pondfishr

The Isuzu motor is a excellent cold weather starter, even without glow plugs, it is noiser then the kubota (and mine got a new muffler) operator needs ear covers for more then a few minutes use.
The steering on the 853 is not as nice as some of the smaller units I have run. I guess they are servo controled. When you move the lever it takes a second for the think to let you know how fast it will go for that posistion of the lever, which makes it harder to get both levers where you want at the same time. Drive it and you will see what I mean. Its not bad once you get used to it , but my wife does'nt like it.
My only other complaint is the boom cross member block you view of the top of the quick attach and makes it a little harder to pick up a attachment.
other then that I like it and it will lift right there with my 773 g
Ken
Thanks for the information. I have two logins one is bewing and the one I like to use is pondfishr. It was late last night and I could not remember my pondfishr password. I appreciate the feedback.