Bobcat 853 No Hydraulic pressure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bkonn

I started my Bobcat 853 the other day and let it warm as i was doing some other things, all of a sudden it sounded like a garbage disposal and then went back to normal running sound. When i attempted to use any Hydraulics they failed, Nothing no forward no bucket absolutely nothing. I checked the fluid level and it was spot on. Any Ideas? Thanks, Out of work now.....

SkidRoe

Is the drive belt intact? Not the alternator belt, but the belt that drives the pumps. Maybe your idler pulley siezed???
HTH,
SR

biggie

Sounds like a drive belt tentioner is'nt tentioning any more. If the belt is still intact Adjujust the tensioner as per the directions on the tailgate. Also, check the fan drive belt/ tenioner.

OP
OP
B

bkonn

Sounds like a drive belt tentioner is'nt tentioning any more. If the belt is still intact Adjujust the tensioner as per the directions on the tailgate. Also, check the fan drive belt/ tenioner.
OK thanks Guys, will check the main drive belt this afternoon and post my findings. Thanks Again

OP
OP
B

bkonn

OK thanks Guys, will check the main drive belt this afternoon and post my findings. Thanks Again
OK so i opened up the housing for the drive belt and like you said the belt was shredded and off the pulley, i cut it out and was inspecting the damage, should the Idler or tension pulley be able to move lateral seems like there is alot of play in it, also what do you recomend to clean of parts with like a spray cleaner, its hard to see back there but there is a layer of dirt on everything and would like to clean it off with some sort of spray, this is not grease but dirt and my high pressure washer blow the dirt everywhere. Thanks, Brian

Bobcatdan

OK so i opened up the housing for the drive belt and like you said the belt was shredded and off the pulley, i cut it out and was inspecting the damage, should the Idler or tension pulley be able to move lateral seems like there is alot of play in it, also what do you recomend to clean of parts with like a spray cleaner, its hard to see back there but there is a layer of dirt on everything and would like to clean it off with some sort of spray, this is not grease but dirt and my high pressure washer blow the dirt everywhere. Thanks, Brian
I like and use gunk engine bright. I don't see many 853 any more and can't really remember what their tensionor is like, but 90% + when the belt fails it is the tensionors fault.