Bobcat 843 - Cranks but won't start - Need advice!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Oxman

I started my Bobcat 843 the other day and it ran great for about 5 minutes and then quit. Now it will crank over but it won't start. No smoke, no sputter, just cranks. I have tried the following things with no luck.... - Fuel/Tank Full - Fuel Filter /Clean and primed - Fuel Injector Pump /Air Bled and primed - Fuel Injectors /Loosened nut and primed until fuel came out - Engine Oil Pressure /Oil was low but filled back to full - Battery /Brand new and fully charged Questions... Is there a low oil pressure cut off switch and how do you check it? What triggers the fuel shut off solenoid and how do I check it? Are there any other safety/cut off switches I should check? Why the hell can't I fix this myself? LOL! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bobcatdan

There is no saftey shut down on a 843. Does it have a fuel shut off solenoid or a pull cable. Either way I would look at that system.

OP
OP
O

Oxman

There is no saftey shut down on a 843. Does it have a fuel shut off solenoid or a pull cable. Either way I would look at that system.
I don't see any type of pull cable. What can I do to test the fuel shut off solenoid? Is it just a short to ground or is there some other type of relay?

Bobcatdan

I don't see any type of pull cable. What can I do to test the fuel shut off solenoid? Is it just a short to ground or is there some other type of relay?
Not 100% sure about what it exactly looks like, but it should be on the injection pump. Check for power there. If there is a relay for it, it should be in the engine compartment. If all checks good, I'd guess the engine is shot.

SkidRoe

Not 100% sure about what it exactly looks like, but it should be on the injection pump. Check for power there. If there is a relay for it, it should be in the engine compartment. If all checks good, I'd guess the engine is shot.
It could also be that the injection pump packed up and went south. It may not generating enough pressure to "fire" the injectors. You would still get flow from a loosened line, but just not enough pressure.
Shot in the dark - SR