bobcat 843 4in1 not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pilot

I have a old 843 I use around my paddock and the 4in1 has stopped working I pulled the valve bank out and put new seals in that bank but did not fix the problem I cracked open the nut on the tilt and also the 4in1 there was oil flowing through the tlit side but not the 4in1 I notice next to the 4in1 bank there is a bank not being used that did have 2 wires running to it that have been disconected any suggestions cheers

Tazza

Staff member
When you move the right stick side to side with the engine running at idle, can you hear the engine bog down a little or hear a whistle? These are signs that the oil is going over the relief.
If you can hear this, it sounds like you may have a bad quick coupler that may be blocked not allowing oil to flow. Even something in a hydraulic line, still very rare for this to happen.
I thought the 843 machines didn't have any electric coils on the control block, all mechanical....

OP
OP
P

pilot

When you move the right stick side to side with the engine running at idle, can you hear the engine bog down a little or hear a whistle? These are signs that the oil is going over the relief.
If you can hear this, it sounds like you may have a bad quick coupler that may be blocked not allowing oil to flow. Even something in a hydraulic line, still very rare for this to happen.
I thought the 843 machines didn't have any electric coils on the control block, all mechanical....
thanks for reply I did take the quick hitches off so it was just the open pipeing and there was no fluid flow to speak of as for elec spool bank does not apear to be connected in anyway but could this affect the 4in1 spool how it is set if you are sitting in the machine on the right have the up and down first than the tilt then the dissused elec opperated than the last inside one being the 4in1

Tazza

Staff member
thanks for reply I did take the quick hitches off so it was just the open pipeing and there was no fluid flow to speak of as for elec spool bank does not apear to be connected in anyway but could this affect the 4in1 spool how it is set if you are sitting in the machine on the right have the up and down first than the tilt then the dissused elec opperated than the last inside one being the 4in1
How was the 4in1 operated before? wiggling theright lever from left to tight or were there switches?
If it was working before, i don't think the solenoid is the issue as you said it is not even conneced....

OP
OP
P

pilot

How was the 4in1 operated before? wiggling theright lever from left to tight or were there switches?
If it was working before, i don't think the solenoid is the issue as you said it is not even conneced....
no switches just the lever and linkages move the lever left would close to the right would open I am thinking that it must still be in the control bank I will pull it back of and pull out the dissused one and see if that helps any ideas would be appreciated cheers

skidsteer.ca

no switches just the lever and linkages move the lever left would close to the right would open I am thinking that it must still be in the control bank I will pull it back of and pull out the dissused one and see if that helps any ideas would be appreciated cheers
Hook a pressure guage (3000 psi) to your front coupler, when you move the control one way you should have pressure on that coupler, then when you go the other way you will have pressure on the other coupler.
Are you sure someone did not cross one of the cylinder hoses on the bucket so it is fighting iteself? Seems very odd, or that the bucket is bound or locked somehow.
Can you test the bucket on another loader?