Bobcat 825

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kurtack

Hello all, I finally got a bobcat.. of course I purchased 1 off ebay to my dismay.. Need a little help. Start and runs well will go forwards and backwards. However it is almost impossible to get it to turn. I understand it prolly wont be a cheap fix however was wondering where i should start to fund out what the problem is. I was thinking possibly the wheel motors? Or hydrolic pump. Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kurt

Tazza

Staff member
If it's hydrostatic drive, it could be a plugged filter. The first generation hydrostatic drive machines had a hidden filter that left the lift/tilt working just fine, but the drive had little power. It would drive straight, but little power and a lot of squealing from the pump/motors.
With the cab up or seat out, if it's the older style, us there a square block on the hydraulic pump with a bunch of hoses hanging off it? If so, the left side has 3 hoses, the middle one has a filter hidden behind the big fitting.
Start here, and we will work up from there.
Sadly i don't get on the forum as much as id like to, feel free to look up my profile and email me, even send pictures of what is under the cab to help identify what could be the issue.
The good thing is, pump/motor parts for the older machines like this are still available, and pricing isn't horrible.

OP
OP
K

Kurtack

If it's hydrostatic drive, it could be a plugged filter. The first generation hydrostatic drive machines had a hidden filter that left the lift/tilt working just fine, but the drive had little power. It would drive straight, but little power and a lot of squealing from the pump/motors.
With the cab up or seat out, if it's the older style, us there a square block on the hydraulic pump with a bunch of hoses hanging off it? If so, the left side has 3 hoses, the middle one has a filter hidden behind the big fitting.
Start here, and we will work up from there.
Sadly i don't get on the forum as much as id like to, feel free to look up my profile and email me, even send pictures of what is under the cab to help identify what could be the issue.
The good thing is, pump/motor parts for the older machines like this are still available, and pricing isn't horrible.
I just want to say thanks. I will try and look at this on saturday. I just love the fact that there are still people like you that still exist.

Tazza

Staff member
I just want to say thanks. I will try and look at this on saturday. I just love the fact that there are still people like you that still exist.
We have a good bunch of people on here that are happy to help out where they can with knowledge on lots of different things.

OP
OP
K

Kurtack

We have a good bunch of people on here that are happy to help out where they can with knowledge on lots of different things.
I have finally got a few extra minutes.. i have the cab up and removed the pump cover. I have attached a few pictures. It also seems like there is a fluid in the bottum, not sure if that is a resovior or supposed to be dry.

OP
OP
K

Kurtack

I have finally got a few extra minutes.. i have the cab up and removed the pump cover. I have attached a few pictures. It also seems like there is a fluid in the bottum, not sure if that is a resovior or supposed to be dry.
Well having trouble do see how to attach photos.

OP
OP
K

Kurtack

Well having trouble do see how to attach photos.
Lift tilt of bucket works just fine. Machine will go forwards and backwards. It does not want to turn. I havethe cab up and the hydrolic pump exposed. Wonderi g where i should.start. Thanks for the help

OP
OP
K

Kurtack

Lift tilt of bucket works just fine. Machine will go forwards and backwards. It does not want to turn. I havethe cab up and the hydrolic pump exposed. Wonderi g where i should.start. Thanks for the help
I have changed out all 3 filters and put in new fluid. The trsctor was missing 2 hoses which are now replsced. The 825 now turns. It still does not turn properly with the right stick. In order to turn 1 direction i need to pull back on left while pushing forwasrd on the right. Tips.and any ideas to try would.be greatly appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
I have changed out all 3 filters and put in new fluid. The trsctor was missing 2 hoses which are now replsced. The 825 now turns. It still does not turn properly with the right stick. In order to turn 1 direction i need to pull back on left while pushing forwasrd on the right. Tips.and any ideas to try would.be greatly appreciated.
Hopefully swapping the drive motor from side to side will help work out if it is the motor or the pump/relief valves.
With an unknown history, it's hard to know where to start.

Latest posts