bobcat 825 not getting fuel past injection pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dusty skid

Alright so i bought a 825 with a perkins, the guy i bought it from screwed with a few things and claimed he couldnt get fuel to the primary filter/water separator. i found a bad pickup tube and repaired along with a new check valve in the tank. had to temporarily bypass mechanical lift pump and water separator, installed electric lift pump now have no leaks inbetween pickup and injection pump, also found a small lever on the injection pump that had been removed it was the lever closest to the cab we had to turn the piviot for it just slightly to get it mounted, we can not get fuel out of the injection pump. Now there has to be a fuel shutt off is it possible that the "lever" on the injection pump is set wrong? if so how can i set it? any other ideas? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Depends on the engine, i had a machine with a Deutz, when you throttle right back, it cuts the fuel off, could yours be the same? Try bumping the throttle up and see if you get fuel out.

1ofU

Depends on the engine, i had a machine with a Deutz, when you throttle right back, it cuts the fuel off, could yours be the same? Try bumping the throttle up and see if you get fuel out.
Tazza is correrct , on the Perkins when you shut it down you just lower your control arm
i had a 825 for a couple of years ,

SkidRoe

Try cracking all of the injection lines at the injectors and cranking it until you get fuel at all 4 injectors. Some diesels can be an absolute bear to get bled. Are you absolutely sure you have fuel at the pump? You may want to rig a small temporary gravity fed fuel source just to be sure. Good luck - SR