Bobcat 7pin vs 14 pin?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pageman21

hi all. i have an 04 S250 that has a 7 pin electrical on it. i bought an angle broom for it. however, the broom has a 14pin connector on it. the broom is a bobcat brand broom. do they make an adaptor for this or what are my options here? thanks in advance.

thetool

Sorry dude-I don't scroll down often enough. You probably already found out that you need a different attachment control cable for your loader. They make a kit that runs both 7 and 14 pin attachments, and it has both plugs out on the end. It's pricey because it has a loader-mounted controller.
There is no pigtail or adapter for 7 to 14 pin that I am aware of. The 14 pin carries voltage for relays on the attachment, and the 7-pin carries digital signals for a controller on the attachment, so they're not compatible or adaptable.
You need the Bobcat Approved(TM) High-Dollar "Dual Attachment Control Kit"........=(.

thetool

Sorry dude-I don't scroll down often enough. You probably already found out that you need a different attachment control cable for your loader. They make a kit that runs both 7 and 14 pin attachments, and it has both plugs out on the end. It's pricey because it has a loader-mounted controller.
There is no pigtail or adapter for 7 to 14 pin that I am aware of. The 14 pin carries voltage for relays on the attachment, and the 7-pin carries digital signals for a controller on the attachment, so they're not compatible or adaptable.
You need the Bobcat Approved(TM) High-Dollar "Dual Attachment Control Kit"........=(.
My bad again.....for some reason I though you posted this 2 weeks ago......I'm obviously going nuts.......

OP
OP
P

pageman21

My bad again.....for some reason I though you posted this 2 weeks ago......I'm obviously going nuts.......
thanks for the reply. i called a dealer and they said same thing. does $300 sound about right for that? i had them order one for me. is it a difficult task to install this, or worth the money to have them do it?

skidsteer.ca

thanks for the reply. i called a dealer and they said same thing. does $300 sound about right for that? i had them order one for me. is it a difficult task to install this, or worth the money to have them do it?
Gues it depends how much they want.
It might have to be turned on in the machines computer. If so they would have to plug in their laptop and flip the switch. I'd ask them for price of install. Or if programing is necessary how much to activate it if you intstall.
Ken

OP
OP
P

pageman21

Gues it depends how much they want.
It might have to be turned on in the machines computer. If so they would have to plug in their laptop and flip the switch. I'd ask them for price of install. Or if programing is necessary how much to activate it if you intstall.
Ken
well its $300 for the 14pin kit. i told them to order me one and asked how difficult of an install it was. he really didn't have much to say on that except that the wires run up the boom and connect in the engine compartment. which i guess i could've guessed that myself w/o much knowledge of the machine. but i'll call tomorrow and quiz them on install price and if programming is required. i'll keep this updated. thanks guys!

thetool

well its $300 for the 14pin kit. i told them to order me one and asked how difficult of an install it was. he really didn't have much to say on that except that the wires run up the boom and connect in the engine compartment. which i guess i could've guessed that myself w/o much knowledge of the machine. but i'll call tomorrow and quiz them on install price and if programming is required. i'll keep this updated. thanks guys!
Nothing in the Bobcat needs to be programmed, but depending on how long the new kit has been sitting on the shelf, that controller may need to be updated to run any and all attachments. It attaches with magnets above your battery.
It's a PIA to install. Regardless of what the kit instructions say, you have to disconnect and pull your boom hoses, then bundle them and pull them all with the new cable. It involves tying and pulling lines, grunting and cursing.
It's simple in concept but difficult in practice, I'm sure you can do it though. Dealer will probably charge two or three hours is my guess.
Good Luck.

OP
OP
P

pageman21

Nothing in the Bobcat needs to be programmed, but depending on how long the new kit has been sitting on the shelf, that controller may need to be updated to run any and all attachments. It attaches with magnets above your battery.
It's a PIA to install. Regardless of what the kit instructions say, you have to disconnect and pull your boom hoses, then bundle them and pull them all with the new cable. It involves tying and pulling lines, grunting and cursing.
It's simple in concept but difficult in practice, I'm sure you can do it though. Dealer will probably charge two or three hours is my guess.
Good Luck.
yup. dealer told me 'about' $200 for an install. the kit will be here tomorrow and i'm gonna give it a go on my own first. thanks for the tips and i welcome any more tips and/or advice.

Latest posts