Bobcat 773 G Series Aux. Hydraulics Problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Eldestructo

I hooked up my brand new log splitter attachment today and was only able to get the hydraulics to cycle 1 time before it would only retract the piston. When disconnected from the attachment I would only get noise/vibration when the switch was pushed to the left. Nothing when pushed to right. Any ideas before I take her to the dealer? Help is appreciated, Thanks.

craigb93

Did you ADD enough hydraulic fluid to refill the system completely? Mine took an extra 3-gallons for the first fill. The noise is the pump cavitating. It will take a while to work the air out of your machine. Ask me how I know. -Dick

SkidRoe

Craig's point is a good one. Check your fluid level before going to much further. If you were low to start with, this may just have been the final straw. Cheers - SR

OP
OP
E

Eldestructo

Craig's point is a good one. Check your fluid level before going to much further. If you were low to start with, this may just have been the final straw. Cheers - SR
Good point..I did notice the fluid level drop and kept adding fluid a (couple gallons?) and figured I had added enough after I saw that it looked normal again. Just came in from using the machine, for something else, and noticed it had dropped again. Can't see any leaks anywhere. I will go add more and see if that does it; maybe it takes more than I thought. Thanks for the ideas.

7LBSSMALLIE

Good point..I did notice the fluid level drop and kept adding fluid a (couple gallons?) and figured I had added enough after I saw that it looked normal again. Just came in from using the machine, for something else, and noticed it had dropped again. Can't see any leaks anywhere. I will go add more and see if that does it; maybe it takes more than I thought. Thanks for the ideas.
pull youre chain case plug. see if that's where fluid might be goining

craigb93

pull youre chain case plug. see if that's where fluid might be goining
Close the splitter about half-way and check the fluid. When it is full, stroke it the rest of the way and check fluid again. Splitters come empty so you need to fill it up. Mine has a 5-in cyl x 36-in stroke. Do the math and you get 3.04 gallons. A 7-series Bobcat only holds 3 1/2 -gals so your first operation probably pulled it empty. -Dick

OP
OP
E

Eldestructo

Close the splitter about half-way and check the fluid. When it is full, stroke it the rest of the way and check fluid again. Splitters come empty so you need to fill it up. Mine has a 5-in cyl x 36-in stroke. Do the math and you get 3.04 gallons. A 7-series Bobcat only holds 3 1/2 -gals so your first operation probably pulled it empty. -Dick
Thanks guys..found the problem..it was a broken wire I found between the control handle and the solenoid..repaired the wire and everything is working fine; filled the hydro tank, again, and am good to go. The wood pile doesn't stand a chance tomorrow.

SkidRoe

Thanks guys..found the problem..it was a broken wire I found between the control handle and the solenoid..repaired the wire and everything is working fine; filled the hydro tank, again, and am good to go. The wood pile doesn't stand a chance tomorrow.
Good to hear! Glad you found the problem. Cheers - SR

Latest posts