Bobcat 763C Blows engine fuse

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

speedbugy

My 763c blows the engine fuse as soon as I turn the ignition switch on. On the back of the switch there is a short blue wire that splices to 2 white wires with a black stripe. If I unhook this the fuse will not blow. One the the white/black wires goes to a connector but is not connected to anything. The other one goes into the larger harness but run under the engine and I cannot find where it comes back out of the harness at unless it changes color. I have not ordered a manual for it yet but will soon. Thanks !

Tazza

Staff member
Sorry folks, that is a 753C, I posted number wrong but cant edit it.
Strange one. With the wire disconnected, what operations won't work?
It could be shorting out in multiple places, it could be as simple as a bad relay causing it to short and pop the fuse.

OldMachinist

Strange one. With the wire disconnected, what operations won't work?
It could be shorting out in multiple places, it could be as simple as a bad relay causing it to short and pop the fuse.
What's the first 6 digits of the machine serial number? I can send you the wiring diagrams if I know that.

OldMachinist

512731 Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Wiring diagrams sent to the email address in your profile.
The white/black wires go to
one to the connector for the bucket leveling option
other one has a red/dark blue wire that splices off to the connector for the fuel solenoid shut off timer(unless its a BOSS machine then the solenoid is controlled by it and you have no splice), the white/black continues on after the splice to another splice where 2 orange wires and a light green/white wire. One orange goes to the switched power relay the other is for a optional aux hour meter, the light green/white goes to the alternator connector.

My suggestion for finding the short would be to hook them back together at the ignition switch and then disconnect the alternator connector. If the fuse blows when you turn on the ignition you've found the short. If not disconnect the fuel solenoid timer and check again(ignore this if its a BOSS machine). Still blows pull the switched power relay and check again. If it still blows with everything disconnected then you likely have a rubbed wire that's shorting.

Wiring diagrams sent to the email address in your profile.
The white/black wires go to
one to the connector for the bucket leveling option
other one has a red/dark blue wire that splices off to the connector for the fuel solenoid shut off timer(unless its a BOSS machine then the solenoid is controlled by it and you have no splice), the white/black continues on after the splice to another splice where 2 orange wires and a light green/white wire. One orange goes to the switched power relay the other is for a optional aux hour meter, the light green/white goes to the alternator connector.

My suggestion for finding the short would be to hook them back together at the ignition switch and then disconnect the alternator connector. If the fuse blows when you turn on the ignition you've found the short. If not disconnect the fuel solenoid timer and check again(ignore this if its a BOSS machine). Still blows pull the switched power relay and check again. If it still blows with everything disconnected then you likely have a rubbed wire that's shorting.
would you have the switch control wiring for a 753g with boss serial number 516212149 ? I,m struggling to rewire this bobcat and get it running

Tazza

Staff member
would you have the switch control wiring for a 753g with boss serial number 516212149 ? I,m struggling to rewire this bobcat and get it running
What details do you need for the wiring? most of the connectors are easy enough to match up, unless the wiring was burnt or otherwise damaged.

What details do you need for the wiring? most of the connectors are easy enough to match up, unless the wiring was burnt or otherwise damaged.
I seem to have a glow plug witch missing all I have is the bucket positioning switch if I could see another 753 panel I would know what was missing

Tazza

Staff member
I seem to have a glow plug witch missing all I have is the bucket positioning switch if I could see another 753 panel I would know what was missing
If you do a google search and click images, look for "bobcat 753 instrument panel" see if any images show yours, and you can hopefully see if yours matches them.

7LBSSMALLIE

off the top of head. ithink if you look up fuel shut off it will show an updated timer kit. was an add for this exact issue. should resolve.