Bobcat 763 Tires and Inflation

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HarryN

I have standard tires on my 763. None of the tires have any inflation pressures listed on the side walls! The manual has none either. What to you all inflate your tire pressure to??

OldMachinist

There should max pressures listed somewhere on the tires. You may have to pull one off and look at the other side if the outboard side has been rubbed off. Max pressure is determined by the tire manufacturer based on type and number of plies.

Tazza

Staff member
There should max pressures listed somewhere on the tires. You may have to pull one off and look at the other side if the outboard side has been rubbed off. Max pressure is determined by the tire manufacturer based on type and number of plies.
I generally fill mine to 50 psi, but i am generally too lazy to check if they are still at that pressure....

OP
OP
HarryN

HarryN

I keep my tires inflated to 50 psi as well.
Thanks guys. I've bought hundreds of tires in my lifetime and there has always been inflation recommendations on the side walls. But not these (I swear!) Not on the outside, not on the inside. The tires are not scuffed up. You can read all the info. But no pressures. It does say: "Inflate to vehicle manufacturers recommendations". For the record the tires are: Firestone 12-16.5 Super Traction Duplex 8 Ply. I found no reference in Bobcat manuals, but I figured some where between 50 to 60 psi would do. But that's why I aked the question. Maybe you may have had other experience with inflations.

OldMachinist

Thanks guys. I've bought hundreds of tires in my lifetime and there has always been inflation recommendations on the side walls. But not these (I swear!) Not on the outside, not on the inside. The tires are not scuffed up. You can read all the info. But no pressures. It does say: "Inflate to vehicle manufacturers recommendations". For the record the tires are: Firestone 12-16.5 Super Traction Duplex 8 Ply. I found no reference in Bobcat manuals, but I figured some where between 50 to 60 psi would do. But that's why I aked the question. Maybe you may have had other experience with inflations.
Here's link to a Firestone inflation chart. It show max inflation for your tire size as 50psi.
http://firestoneag.spinutech.com/webres/File/Inflation-Tables/TireInfo-LoadInflation-S.pdf

OP
OP
HarryN

HarryN

Here's link to a Firestone inflation chart. It show max inflation for your tire size as 50psi.
http://firestoneag.spinutech.com/webres/File/Inflation-Tables/TireInfo-LoadInflation-S.pdf
"OldMachinist", I am just amazed regarding your knowledge and skill! I have read many of your posts as well as others (like Tazza). I am grateful for people like you who are willing to share with your time and help. Before I posed the question, I "googled and searched for answers. When I found nothing, only then did I ask... What a great forum... Thanks again

OldMachinist

"OldMachinist", I am just amazed regarding your knowledge and skill! I have read many of your posts as well as others (like Tazza). I am grateful for people like you who are willing to share with your time and help. Before I posed the question, I "googled and searched for answers. When I found nothing, only then did I ask... What a great forum... Thanks again
Google results are priorized by who they get paid from, sometimes you have to look thru several pages before you can find any real information.