Bobcat 753: Turn Key to On Position and Fuse Blows

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobcat753c

I have a 1994? Bobcat 753c (Vin 512724850) and every time I turn the key to run it pop's the engine fuse. I seen a guy on another forum has had the same problem but looks as though a resolution never came from it. I did unplug the fuel Shut off harness and it still blows. Is it possible anyone can give me the correct wiring diagram for this machine. I google searched it but I'm not confident that it's the correct one. Any help would be great.

Tazza

Staff member
It could even be an issue with the switch.
All i can think of is to disconnect everything that is hooked up to switched power, the wires should be orange or orange with black, i can't remember what one it is. Then slowly work backwards by connecting one item at a time till you find it. It could even be a wire worn through on the frame, generally these are loacted where the harness is secured to the frame.

OP
OP
B

Bobcat753c

It could even be an issue with the switch.
All i can think of is to disconnect everything that is hooked up to switched power, the wires should be orange or orange with black, i can't remember what one it is. Then slowly work backwards by connecting one item at a time till you find it. It could even be a wire worn through on the frame, generally these are loacted where the harness is secured to the frame.
Sorry I'm just now getting around to this. So, I disconnected one at a time because I didn't want to make the mistake of not knowing where they go. Prior to this happening I had the local shop wire the park brake into the key switch so I started with that wire and she fired right up. So I traced that wire around and it seems to look fine. I'm going to try and maybe wire that park brake back to the button it came from. Other than that I have no clue what to do next.

OP
OP
B

Bobcat753c

Sorry I'm just now getting around to this. So, I disconnected one at a time because I didn't want to make the mistake of not knowing where they go. Prior to this happening I had the local shop wire the park brake into the key switch so I started with that wire and she fired right up. So I traced that wire around and it seems to look fine. I'm going to try and maybe wire that park brake back to the button it came from. Other than that I have no clue what to do next.
Taking that wire back to the push button didn't work.

Nitro7402

Taking that wire back to the push button didn't work.
I had the same thing on my 743 after I rewired it. My problem was that the plug on the back of the alternator and the wiring plug did not match, so I pulled the wires out of the plug and hooked them up directly, turns out I had them switched.